• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does anyone know of good deals on home carpet.

SteveSS

Local time
12:27 PM
Reaction score
My son got a good deal on a 6-year-old home. 4,100 sq ft. but all the carpets need to be redone. Without doing exhaustive searches does anyone know of good deals on a lot of carpet.

My son got a good deal on a 6-year-old home. 4,100 sq ft. but all the carpets need to be redone. Without doing exhaustive searches does anyone know of good deals on a lot of carpet.
Honestly, there’s only 2 major manufacturers of carpet. Go to Home Depot, they have free installation, with scrutinized installers. They back up the carpet and install. Get the best padding available and you can go with a less expensive carpet. Don’t go cheap, but the better the pad, the longer it will last. I would not say this about their other services, as I’ve seen some of their work done on clients homes, we’ve had to fix. I of course knew and used carpet installers back in Illinois and Wisconsin, some actually did work for HD, as subs. When we moved here, I knew no one basically and had them do this house. It was a very professional job and had no issues. A carpet store can’t compete price wise or quality wise.

1850 SF here. Terrifying cost. Windows and paint first.

Carpet? Why wouldn't you buy local? Think about it.

From personal experience-

HD contract installers are not as "vetted" as Lowes.

We got scammed by a HD garage door installer.
Charged us $200 to install a $20 "heavy duty anchor" part with six screws that probably took 15 minutes.
...because one rivet was broken on the center support where the door attaches to the lift arm.
Could have been repaired with a screw.

The charge for the complete installation of the garage door opener, other than the extra part was...$150!

Rental house and we were away.
No choice.

Search their reviews and you will see they are all over the place.

OTOH, we've had Lowes install carpet and tile and never had an issue.

Honestly, there’s only 2 major manufacturers of carpet. Go to Home Depot, they have free installation, with scrutinized installers. They back up the carpet and install. Get the best padding available and you can go with a less expensive carpet. Don’t go cheap, but the better the pad, the longer it will last. I would not say this about their other services, as I’ve seen some of their work done on clients homes, we’ve had to fix. I of course knew and used carpet installers back in Illinois and Wisconsin, some actually did work for HD, as subs. When we moved here, I knew no one basically and had them do this house. It was a very professional job and had no issues. A carpet store can’t compete price wise or quality wise.
X2, I've been doing this for years, well said and true.

Auto Transport Service
Back