• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DOGS

Thank you to all for all the kind words!

The sweet angel came home today! She has lymphoma in her spleen and liver. This is a common and aggressive lymphoma in young dogs. They are giving her 6 months. We will make the most of the time left with her...............

View attachment 1664534

As mentioned ENJOY and Cherish everything.
We took our Casey in for a checkup, fully expecting her to come home. Didn’t work out. She had just done a 3 mile walk with my wife. Ultrasound showed two tumours one bleeding. 5% chance of survival if surgery.
We wanted to take her home and think , they said please don’t. You don’t want to see her die in agony.
So she went to doggy heaven on my wife’s lap.
The staff all had tears in their eyes. We have been with that clinic since it opened in 1980.
Everyone grieves in their own way, so I can’t tell you that I know how you feel.
I think most dog people are real people.
Hope this is appropriate.

My research revealed that cancer is very hard on dogs and chemo doesn't add much time and rarely cures. So I tried instead to make the most of our moments while he was with me. I took my work to the dog park, his favorite place in the world, and we would spend hours there. He had enough energy to play with dogs and chase the ball, but at three months, he went down hill in a few days. So he was good until the very end.
Not everyone can be in the room with their friend, I hope it helps them because it is rough on me. I buried him deep in the yard and planted an apple tree beside him.

P1016599.JPG
P1010375.JPG

Last edited:
We could have done chemo on Neko but decided not to. Would maybe give him another year but cause other problems. He was already having digestive issues due to his ongoing Colitis bouts so we decided not to compound it. Lots of easy walks, fun food for him and Coco, car rides and just hang out.

As mentioned ENJOY and Cherish everything.
We took our Casey in for a checkup, fully expecting her to come home. Didn’t work out. She had just done a 3 mile walk with my wife. Ultrasound showed two tumours one bleeding. 5% chance of survival if surgery.
We wanted to take her home and think , they said please don’t. You don’t want to see her die in agony.
So she went to doggy heaven on my wife’s lap.
The staff all had tears in their eyes. We have been with that clinic since it opened in 1980.
Everyone grieves in their own way, so I can’t tell you that I know how you feel.
I think most dog people are real people.
Hope this is appropriate.
Well said...

Just heard this one TV. A dog trainer said to stop hole digging by my dog, I should toss one of her turds in the hole and lightly bury it.

I let her out this morning, started my coffee, microwaved chicken breast and green beans to mix in her dry food, then let her in. I laughed at her nose that was caked in dirt. She might have a disappointment coming when I pick up this morning.

I'll make a full report

P1010352.JPG

Just heard this one TV. A dog trainer said to stop hole digging by my dog, I should toss one of her turds in the hole and lightly bury it.
I saw "Lucky Dog" on TV today too ! Great show and Great ideas.Learned a lot about German Sheps.

Auto Transport Service
Back