• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Skunks. Who has dealt with these stinky creatures?

just a week ago I was out in the shop had the dog on the rope because i had washed a boat hull and didn't want him getting into the runoff [ he's always loose}! I was about finished and he wandered in with the rope on and I didnt want him tangled so i unclipped him, he bolted! 3 mins later wife is in the shop screaming about me letting him off the rope when there's a skunk around! now I was pissed off at both of them!
I obviously didn't know there was a skunk around and i was about ready to drag her over to meet it!
The dog comes back soaked, he must have got it in the face and ran straight into the lake,that seemed to wash a lot of it off, threw him in the shower with her and he wasn't too bad after! helping her shower him put me in a better mood! We found that putting dog collars in the dishwasher always makes them a little nicer smelling, better than the 30yr. old whore lure I use to spray on them!

I’ve been told that bathing in beer is a very good way to wash out the scent. My buddy used to have to do this at least once a year. He swore by this method. Oh, make sure you are imbibing as you go, to remove the smell from your nose. Maybe try a Nettie pot spray of beer for your nose too?

I don’t know if I have a sensitive nose or what it is but the ungodly stench of a skunk just seems to stick in my nose.
We have dogs here. We let them play in a fenced yard but animals wander through quite often. Squirrels, turkeys, coyotes, rabbits, even deer sometimes. Skunks pass through sometimes as well and of course, the dogs chase them out.
You know what that means.
The wife might as well not have a nose. She rarely notices any smell when she lets the dogs in after they have been skunked. I thought women were supposed to have a more sensitive nose. She does not. Several times the dogs run in and I smell the stench immediately.
We watch a dog for a friend sometimes. 2 weeks ago get dog bit a skunk and despite her efforts, the dog still reeks. I washed it with a solution that was supposed to help but it made it worse. I had the stink on my nose for 3 hours now. I smell it everywhere as if my sinuses are coated in skunk *** paste.
I’m pissed that she brought the dog here smelling like this.
Use a feminine hygiene douche product on your dog. Yes, it does work!

As a kid we had dogs get sprayed, Dad would toss them in the creek and cover them with mud.
Later they would get a garden hose bath with some laundry soap.
Seemed to work pretty good.

vet recommended a rabis booster every time Raven killed a skunk........ and evidently, a skunk out in the day time is likely rabid

My Lab Gandolf would always mess with Skunks and forever needed to be cleaned. The only sure way to eliminate the stench was using Summer's Eve douche. Works like a charm and as it will works on her netherness, it will work on Skunk smell. DAMHIK but I do...cr8crshr/Bill:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::usflag::usflag::usflag:

We have none of that stuff here and she has never needed it. Regular showers and good genetics mean that she is fresh and ready when I am.

That feminine hygiene douche stuff, never new about it for skunks
vinegar & water should do it too, that's allegedly a home remedy for douche
they don't have to be stinky twats to use douche, it's just good hygiene

I wonder if something like Febreze would work too, says safe around animals
works to get stench of smells, like wet dog, old man body odder, out of the carpet/house etc.

Last edited:
My wife's sister is a nurse. One time she asked me to smell a dish rag to see if it was sour.
I've got the nose of a beagle and smells can gag me. Not visuals though. Seem to have a strong stomach.
She said she "can't smell". Handy thing for a nurse.
But that's the one thing about covid that scared me.
Loss of smell is dangerous.
I used to sing this to my young son in the bath when he got fretful.

Imagine the looks you'll get when you go to the store and buy a gallon of Summers Eve.

I don’t know if I have a sensitive nose or what it is but the ungodly stench of a skunk just seems to stick in my nose.
We have dogs here. We let them play in a fenced yard but animals wander through quite often. Squirrels, turkeys, coyotes, rabbits, even deer sometimes. Skunks pass through sometimes as well and of course, the dogs chase them out.
You know what that means.
The wife might as well not have a nose. She rarely notices any smell when she lets the dogs in after they have been skunked. I thought women were supposed to have a more sensitive nose. She does not. Several times the dogs run in and I smell the stench immediately.
We watch a dog for a friend sometimes. 2 weeks ago get dog bit a skunk and despite her efforts, the dog still reeks. I washed it with a solution that was supposed to help but it made it worse. I had the stink on my nose for 3 hours now. I smell it everywhere as if my sinuses are coated in skunk *** paste.
I’m pissed that she brought the dog here smelling like this.
Apple Cider vinegar works for me

All my dogs have been spayed or neutered so we didn't have to deal with that kind of stuff......

:lol::lol::lol:

Oh, you mean for skunk smell, never heard that one.

Auto Transport Service
Back