• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dr. Johnny Fever will not be down for breakfast

Even after all of these years I still can’t wrap my head around Brolin dumping Jan for Babs Streisand. Ick!
Hmm...a story I wasn't aware of and why Brolin made this choice is a mystery. Maybe a male gold-digger.

If I remember he was a teacher of some sort in the Billy Jack movies if anyone else remembers those.

BBOOOOGGGEEERRRRR!!! RIP !!!

I was a fan of Herb Tarlec. I swear this is true. It's going to sound like bragging and it is. I wasn't good at a lot of things as a young man but I was good at picking up women. My friend Vince, and I who was even better looking than me would do what we called "Herbing." We would go to Goodwills and thrift shops and find the most outrageous outfits, white loafers, and belts. Mismatched plaid jackets and pants, loud ties then go to dance clubs. It was no problem meeting women because they understood the joke and thought it was great. Chicks dig confidence. It worked well.

herb.png

I believe his character said "Booger" on the air, which cost him his morning show and caused him to be moved to the overnight shift......... how times have changed
That cost him his job at another station. Andy gave him the OK to say it at KRP.

Hmm...a story I wasn't aware of and why Brolin made this choice is a mystery. Maybe a male gold-digger.
Yep. At least his kid turned out to be quite a good actor....

Some interesting trivia on the man:
https://www.metv.com/stories/rip-ho...4tCU7eYn5eUNGpyaH0d-4UWan84lkYC3uCqUaWYASg-ck

I loved, absolutely LOVED, WKRP. That type of "ensemble" cast-based show worked great then
and still does now.
He was one not to miss each week in the show and we all talked about what his character said
the next day to our friends.
Everything I've seen on interviews and such of the man was positive. He will be missed. RIP.

I don’t want to derail the thread, but I really believe that WKRP was in the time of great TV shows. In no particular order there was All in The Family, Barney Miller, WKRP, Mary Tyler Moore, the early years of M*A*S*H, ( the early years, when it was funny. Once Allen Alda started directing it got preachy) Happy Days, Dallas, and so many others. Even the puff shows, like Charlie’s Angels and Three’s Company. Shows that you looked forward to watching every week. Now, lots of TV sucks. Not all of it, but I find lots of it is too heavy and dark. They don’t have strong casts like they used to. I dunno, it could just me.

WKRP was a great show, I always remember when they did a sobriety stunt on air with Johnny Fever to show how drinking will slow your reaction time but he actually got faster, funny guy.....rip Johnny Fever

He was great in an Episdode of Dragnet, plus two appearances in The Andy Griffith show. The WKRP episode they did about The Who Concert in Cincinnati was well done too.

That character inspired my fashion statement of faded Levi's jacket and mildly offensive black T shirt.

...which sometimes continues to this day.

Auto Transport Service
Back