• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB DR1114429 idle strop solenoid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stucat

Local time
11:55 AM
Reaction score
looking for an DR 1114429 idle stop solenoid or similar or rebuild parts. the repop one I have is to weak to work correctly. thanks

I don’t have any original ones for sale but I do rebuild them with NOS parts. The reproduction solenoid was junk and never worked right. I have cores as well. Send me a pm.

I could not reply to your pm for some reason but I found a post from July 7 and gave a response. Sounds to me like it’s working. None of them can overcome the carb springs. The repops can’t even hold any resistance.

Yes I know that know as Dave Wise and Mike Ross of BEA have told me the same. I purchased it from Hoover parts aslo Rob1426? on Ebay and he said return it. But now won't answer any emails and has blocked me on his ebay account

Hmm. That’s news to me. I’ve bought something from him but can’t recall what it was at the moment. It was not an idle solenoid. His repops are not the ones I was referring too. Years ago, Dales Cuda shop made some repops and they were terrible. Hardly any of them worked. They were foreign made and the guts inside were not of good quality so they would not hold and shorted out quickly. They cost several hundred dollars and were junk. I have some original NOS solenoids made for other GM applications that I take apart and replace the guts inside. Mine are just like the factory though. They will not overcome the carb springs to set to high idle. You have to turn the key on energize the solenoid and it will stay up as long as the key is on. I sell them with a one year guarantee. I could check yours out to see if it works properly and fix it.

So when you turn the key on you have to depress the pedal so the plunger will pop up?

Yes. That is correct. The carb springs have just too resistant for that small solenoid to over come and push the carb to the correct idle position.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back