• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Driveshaft length chart.

Any info on this?
Well, I would think you could look at the 70 big block Belvedere with the 8 3/4....which is 53.64" long and subtract 1 to 1 1/2" for one with a Dana 60, you should be in the ballpark. I really don't hold these charts as gospel since they are not always 100% correct. Also production on the actual cars varies a bit. Years back I bought a piece of trim that covered the space between the trunk lid and taillights on a 70 Challenger and got it from the dealer. At the time I had 2 70 Challengers that neither had ever been crashed/repaired and the trim would fit one but not the other and was 1/4" difference. It fit the car that I didn't buy it for! What was different is that the two cars were built at two different assembly plants. A 71 Cuda had a body offset of over 1/2" and that car too was never wrecked. That told me production tolerances were not all that close. Imo, it's best to always measure what you have and not go by any chart.

Auto Transport Service
Back