• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Early B Body Seat belts suggestion?

jimbosride

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:57 PM
Reaction score
I need to put seat belts in the 65 Coronet. I would like to keep it some what original. But most
every thing I look at is a rusty mess.

Let me know what you think .... thanks

20220516_174501.jpg

20230426_140732.jpg

I bought new belts from Retro Belts for my 1964 Polara. They look similar to originals with chrome clasps. They are reasonably priced and come in many colours. Look up their web site.

^^^^ I got mine from Summit or Jegs Chrome lift latch lap belts.
Better known as aviation belts. About $25 a seat. You may be able to get red.

i bought from Andover for the front, and now rear. good belts good service.
My 63 SF vert had plates and bolt holes only for the front. The Andover kit comes with plates to reinforce the outside, after you drill the hole. I think it is essential to have at least lap belts in the back of a convertible. Eventually I shall swap the front seats for ones with integral shoulder harnesses. 60s cars had NO impact protection except for the optional padded dash. The first mandatory safety improvements started in 68, along with the requirement for no tune up for 50,000 miles, etc., which is the reason that US cars had electronic ignitions and fuel injection long before Europe. i was in the USAF in the UK then, owned a smashing Lotus Elan: 1558cc, rev governor at 6500rpm, =111mph! I remember the drivers at the Lotus factory circling...well, triangulating...on the old WWII RAF station runways to accumulate the 50,000 for certification.

Auto Transport Service
Back