• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Early Hemi in a B body - Any Info?

DelSolid

Local time
10:24 AM
Reaction score
I just picked up a 1969 Plymouth Satellite Wagon. The sheetmetal is good but that's about it. I also have a complete, running 1956 354 Hemi.

Does anybody have any information on putting an early Hemi in one of these cars? What are your thoughts on a swap like this? (remember, I already have a complete running engine so please don't say it would be cheaper to build a 440 :))

Welcome. It's been done, so I'm sure someone will chime in with some info.

I'll give you a shiny new dollar for that wagon if they don't:grin:

So ... tell us more about your wagon and the motor (and other Mopars you may have). BTW: I believe that if you do a search for early hemi swaps, there are mounts and transmission adaptors being offered.

Also, pics would be great.

Ok. One shiny new gold dollar and one dull one.:grin:

you drive a hard bargain:tongueflap:

I'll see about getting some pics up this week.

I'm new to Mopars. Always wanted one but never bought one. Then I had a chance to get the 354 hemi. I have an all steel 31 ford roadster I am bringing back to life and figured the hemi would top it off nicely but ended up doing a hot flathead for it instead. So the 354 has been sitting patiently waiting for a project car of it's own. I think this is it.

This car will not be a total restoration. Just a functional rebuild (suspension, brakes, steering etc...) and then shoot a decent paint job on it, get some nice rims/tires and enjoy.

Hot heads.com will have what you need to drop the 354 into your B body.
Also Shu. [ come on guys you know I mean, but my brain went dead] has the mounts for the swap also. TTI makes headers for this swap, and PAW performance automotive warehouse.com. Has adapters to put your late model transmission behind it.:yes:

Here is the 1970 Dodge Charger we built back in the mid 90s. It had a 1956 354 HEMI. We mated it up to a standard A-883 4-speed transmission. The engine was well built and had a big cam and sounded like the big brother. Awesome combo. Looked factory and only had less than 1/2" between the heads and the shock towers.
I can't seem to find one of the engine bay which was the best part, or the nice bucket seat console interior.

1970dodgecharger2xa7.jpg

1970dodgechargerreardl1.jpg

He has a massive collection of 331, 354, and 392 HEMIs. Thats what he likes. He also had one in his 1971 Dodge Challenger before he started the resto back in 1989. It still isn't completed...lol

re: early hemi

I specialize in the early hemi into B-E MOPARS, No cutting, no modifications

GIVE ME A CALL, I CAN HELP

MOPAR CHARLIE
727-271-5068

Attachments

• DSCN0332.jpg
    DSCN0332.jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 756
  • DSCN0334.jpg
    DSCN0334.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 1,181