• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Edelbrock AVS2 Linkage Question

glrestomod

Local time
3:12 PM
Reaction score
I have a new AVS2 on the way as well as the throttle adapter for Chrysler cars (Edelbrock part #1481), as my linkage on my Holley that I'm replacing isn't correct. I also ordered the stud for that linkage setup as well (Part # 8007). The only thing left to order is the rod extender, but there are two options:

1. 1/4" rod extender (part # 8003)
2. 5/16" rod extender (part # 8004)

My car is a 1969 Dodge Charger with a stock build (but bored 0.60 over) and an Edelbrock intake that has DP4B stamped on the top. I have the factory 727 automatic throttle cable and kickdown turnbuckle style lever, but it's rigged up with nuts and bolts to the Holley I'm replacing rather than proper hardware.

Does anyone know which one I need? Does it depend on the size of the hole on the carburetor linkage? Does it depend on the size of the shoulder stud I just purchased (part #8007)? If so, what have you guys used? Thanks in advance for the help! Trying to order it and get it shipped and here before the weekend!

Last edited:
1712775588224.png
1712775652601.png

Here is the set-up I had on my 70 383 engine. I will have to look for the part numbers.

Mancini should have everything you need.
1712776062931.png
1712776417170.png

1712776520405.png
1712776671852.png

Last edited:
Thanks so much! Where I've already ordered the Edelbrock part you posted above as well as the other stud (from Edelbrock, different than the Mancini Racing part you posted below), I'll check to see if anyone else comments about the Edelbrock parts I listed above. If not, I may have to go the same route you have went. I appreciate your time and your help! Maybe a follow up question: is the linkage stud you bought from Mancini Racing a 1/4" or 5/16", or something different? I went to their website and it doesn't say on that particular part.

Thanks so much! Where I've already ordered the Edelbrock part you posted above as well as the other stud, I'll check to see if anyone else comments about the Edelbrock parts I listed above. If not, I may have to go the same route you have went. I appreciate your time and your help! Maybe a follow up question: is the linkage stud you bought from mancini Racing a 1/4" or 5/16", or something different? I went to their website and it doesn't say on that particular part.
I am not familiar with the stud you posted. The stud on mine was the original from a 2BBL carb.
1712780242085.png

Edit: We are talking about two different parts here. The stud I am using is in the photo.
The "rod extender" you are questioning is below.

Last edited:
I dont know what this does. I dont think you need it. Maybe someone else will chime in.
1712777862608.png

Here is a better photo of that extender installed on a big block from a member here.
I replaced that linkage with a longer 4BBL piece when I did my 2BBL conversion.
I didn't know that an extender was available.
1712783195775.png

From what I am gathering I only need the part from Mancini Racing mentioned above by @NoCar2023 ! ordered it, and hopefully I'll have in time for the weekend. Thanks to everyone who has helped!

I received my carburetor, the Chrysler bracket (part #1481) and Edelbrock Throttle Lever Studs (#8007).

I also ordered the factory stud from Vans Auto, but I’m wondering if that is what Edelbrock #8007 is meant to replace?

I wanted the Vans Auto version because it’s the factory replacement. I’m hoping I didn’t order something I don’t need. The Mancini Racing stud image posted above is the same one I ordered from Vans Auto as they offered cheaper and quicker shipping.

Here are the two things I ordered: pictured below side by side. Does anyone know if they are both made to solve the same problem and I won’t need one of them?

1DFA48AA-EA40-491E-8BA6-C2DF4FBD1E10.png

The 8007 is for a ball stud-type throttle cable.
You don't have that style. See photo.
1712917048047.png

You also need the nut that retains the stud to the 1481 bracket. There are also three springs involved.
Vans should have it all.

Last edited:
1712942572837.png

Mancini has the nut. You may have to call Vans.

So I bought the correct stud and nut but what are the other two parts in this picture? I labeled them in the picture below, the two arrows to the right of the picture I now have (the stud and the nut), but what are the parts I need that two arrows to the left are pointing to?

Also, my throttle cable looks different . What do I need to make it work on the Edelbrock AVS2? I have the Mopar adapter (part #1481) and the stud and nut. What parts am I missing? I attached a pic of my old linkage setup from the Holley that I took off below. Thanks again for everyone’s help!

979B66E2-9AC8-4694-ACC3-7C4B8425FFE1.png

IMG_0563.jpeg

IMG_0560.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back