• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Engine mounts

MoparMadman

Local time
6:30 PM
Reaction score
I’ve got a 69 Coronet R/T that likes to rip drivers side engine mounts. Any suggestions on what brand to use? Rubber…urethane…sources? Help!

I would probably try these if buying today

Are you talking Factory HP or Stroker Motor type Torque ?

440 Source sells these - Click

OEM Spec Engine Mount - 66-72B 66-73C 70-74E

Years ago for rubber mounts , and still today most jobbers are selling Chinese Anchor Brand for peanuts because they are made out of peanuts

I literally had to go around to every local jobber to find a decent pair that looked good

Then I did the recessed bolts and lock nuts trick for the bracket and engine mount for piece of mind on my Stroker Motor

I’ve thought about running one solid on the left even my warmed over small block eats them anchor ones for breakfast.

1725505969823.png

Mancini Racing Interlocking Engine Mount Set ........check site for your year​

Maybe add a torque strap into the mix too.
I was going to mention this also. I used one on the cars I have had and they work very nicely. Plus the ease of installation is way better than replacing it with a new rubber mount...Check them out...cr8crshr/Bill:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::usflag::usflag::usflag:

Maybe add a torque strap into the mix too.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Mancini Racing

MRE Torque Strap 66-72-b-70-74-e-body-torque-strap.jpg

Mancini Racing Torque Strap adj. for AB&E bodies
or the factory cable,
albeit it's loose
& won't stop the ripping of the shitty rubber mounts today
MRE Torque Strap factory-style-heavy-duty-torque-strap-cable.jpg

you could use 1 solid Moroso Solid mt
on the drivers side & a reg rubber mount on the pass side
the pass, side rarely get shredded, like the drivers side does, from the Torque

Why are all you guys scared of running solid mounts? There is no reason for chains or torque straps. Stroker motors and 4-speeds don't play nice with rubber mounts as I found out. I broke several standard mounts as well as a Schumacher mount. Ran torque straps for awhile, and then converted all 3 of my cars to solid mounts and never looked back. Simple, cheap, and no drilling holes in the k-frame. Just my opinion, of course.

The Mancini torque strap looks just like the OG Schumacher strap that's worked well for a couple decades...

IMG_4089 - Copy.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back