• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

engine paint

plowman

Local time
10:17 AM
Reaction score
Is their a duplicolor that is close to the mopar hemi orange that has more substance than the regular mopar paint for touch up oranother brand. Thanks

Not that I know of. Last paint I bought I got from Dave Ferro. Covers much better than the M.P. paint. More expensive though

Maybe it's just me but I think the Mopar brand paint is great. I have used the turquoise paint and couldn't be happier. Great coverage and it's held up great so far.

I have always used the MOPAR paint,but it takes 5 cans to get 2 that work:edgy:

Assembly23.jpg

honestly you kinda have to guess and check last summer spray bombed my temparary 440 using engine paint from my local parts store they only had 2 cans of one brand and 1 of a different brand and let me tell you there is a night and day difference between the two cans i bought so i looked for the type i thought looked nicer and went to the next town over to their parts store and bought them out of the brand i liked. the two i tried were rustoleum and duplicolor both were engine enamel at about $5 per can and i wasnt trying to match any color i was simply painting a partially turquios engine orange. oh i liked the rustoleum better it was a brighter color and even looks like it has gold pearl in it

e1.jpg

e 11.jpg

e 17.jpg

POR-15? Never used it but I believe it is self leveling so you can brush a small area and not have lines or over spray. They do have Hemi orange, maybe someone here has used it and give an opinion.

POR-15 is the $hit!! just make sure you have no plans to remove it once you have painted it. Also, for those that do use POR-15, if you plan on using it on aluminum test it first in a discreet spot. I have painted some aluminum and had no problems and also have painted some aluminum rims and had it go "funny" on me and that paint is a one time deal. when it dries it's there for good. Can't verify if the colour is restoration correct but it's exactly what I wanted

I just used POR 15 on my 440 but I sprayed it. It didn't cover very well, which makes me think I reduced it too much but the color looks good. I may go back over a few spots with a brush. By the way the color is the street HEMI orange not the more yellowish race HEMI stuff.

The last time I used POR 15 it was great. I reduced the bare metal paint and sprayed my control arms with it and no problems at all.

I just wanted something that could be used for touchup with a sponge brush. The mopar can does not do a good job. So, you think I can use the por 15 over the other paint and it would blend in ok. Thanks

I had a quart of paint mixed up when I was doing my 340 Dart Sport and also a pint for touch-ups later on.

It will brush on and smooth out on it's own.

PA090513.jpg

DSCN0827.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back