• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Epoxy primers help

mentor70

Local time
8:25 PM
Reaction score
Greetings crew!

So I just had my engine compartment and interior bead blasted yesterday and I need to seal it quickly.

Who's got the good epoxy primer product these days?

several good choices, what brands do your local supplier deal with? BASF, Akzo Nobel, PPG, Dupont?

I prefer Southern Polyurethanes, but I have it shipped

Eastwood sells their own brand, very reasonably priced...... I don't hate it, especially for undersides and hood compartments

I've used several and some cheap ones. You get what you pay for, but for your purpose you might be able to go with a cheaper version. Ask you local paint house or supplier. Unfortunately, you can expect to spend a fair amount for even a quart of product. Paint and primers have gone crazy in price.
Two cheaper options would be....
PPG Omni will probably be $100/qt
Enduro prime probably $200/gal

I have used tons of the eastwood epoxy, it lays down nice but takes forever to flash off. I want to try the SPI stuff on the next project. The eastwood also does not sand well, but has a long recoat window.

I have used tons of the eastwood epoxy, it lays down nice but takes forever to flash off. I want to try the SPI stuff on the next project. The eastwood also does not sand well, but has a long recoat window.

I use the SPI epoxy for EVERYTHING......it's the only primer on my bench.

SPI coats well .......$$$ and has to be shipped but worth it

20230725_153726 (1).jpg

I've used several and some cheap ones. You get what you pay for, but for your purpose you might be able to go with a cheaper version. Ask you local paint house or supplier. Unfortunately, you can expect to spend a fair amount for even a quart of product. Paint and primers have gone crazy in price.
Two cheaper options would be....
PPG Omni will probably be $100/qt
Enduro prime probably $200/gal
You can get Omni for $50/qt

Auto Transport Service
Back