• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Exhaust manifold back? TTI or Accurate Exhaust?

1911pro

Local time
3:07 PM
Reaction score
Trying to decide between the two for my 1970 Roadrunner Six Barrel clone. It does not have to be 100% original looking. I know TTI looks nothing like stock. I would like the Accurate because the car looks about 98% factory, but I hate the price. Going to do 2.5 if I do TTI and really want an exact shaped factory shaped/looking tips. I am looking for opinions on sound and fitment. Anyone use factory tips with the TTI? You guys can here my motor on headers in the A12 section "it is alive". I want something that sounds good, but not drone inside the car. Performance is a secondary consideration as the car will just be a weekend cruiser. Thanks.

I have used the Accurate full system before, and they are great if you want factory appearing stuff. My last 2 cars I used full TTi 2.5" systems but with Accurate tips, and been very happy with this setup. One big advantage to the TTi pipes is that they are mandrel bent and will flow better than the Accurate pipes.

I have used the Accurate full system before, and they are great if you want factory appearing stuff. My last 2 cars I used full TTi 2.5" systems but with Accurate tips, and been very happy with this setup. One big advantage to the TTi pipes is that they are mandrel bent and will flow better than the Accurate pipes.
Thanks, I am leaning toward the TTI with Accurate tips. Are you using the super turbo or ultra flow mufflers?

I'm using the Accurate tips and have been extremely happy. I know it's pricy but in my opinion u get what u pay for

Thanks, I am leaning toward the TTI with Accurate tips. Are you using the super turbo or ultra flow mufflers?

I had originally used Super Turbos on my Charger. But after installing the Ultra Flows on the 451 Road Runner, it took me about 1 week to order UF's for the Charger also. The ST's were too quite for me. The UF's are not obnoxious or have a drone like Flowmasters that I have used in the past.

I had originally used Super Turbos on my Charger. But after installing the Ultra Flows on the 451 Road Runner, it took me about 1 week to order UF's for the Charger also. The ST's were too quite for me. The UF's are not obnoxious or have a drone like Flowmasters that I have used in the past.

Thanks. I just ordered a kit from Chicago Connection with no mufflers for $554.00 shipped. I am going to get some 20inch welded Ultraflows from work to go with it. TTI uses a short Ultraflow with an extension pipe welded to it to make up the length difference from the superturbo. Dynomax has a 20inch that is overall 1/2 inch shorter and 1/4 taller than the turbo which will work great.

Thanks. I just ordered a kit from Chicago Connection with no mufflers for $554.00 shipped. I am going to get some 20inch welded Ultraflows from work to go with it. TTI uses a short Ultraflow with an extension pipe welded to it to make up the length difference from the superturbo. Dynomax has a 20inch that is overall 1/2 inch shorter and 1/4 taller than the turbo which will work great.

Didn't know that. I used the short ones from TTi. Post up how the longer Ultra Flows fit once you get them installed.

Neither did the guy at TTI. I found it on the Dynomax website. I asked him if there was a reason they use the short ones and he said no. I figure the short muffler was the only one they made when TTI started using them. I will let you know, but it may be some time before I get them on.

I too am using TTI exhaust with accurate tips. Also dumped the super turbos for a set of ultra flows, order the correct ones and they will fit perfect. I went on the dynomax website and found the part # for the muffler with same dimensions as the super turbos.

I thought TTI made factory looking tips ? I use TTI on my 63 and it does not have tips as they just dumped at the rear but this TTI looks like the factory setup did. I thought TTI made the tips to look factory but with larger inlets like 2.5 or 3" inlets. I remember the stock tips on my Dart were like a 1-3/4 inlet size and they could be made to be 2.5 or 3" if made right. Ron

407196594.jpg

The only tips TTi makes is with the their logo etched on the sides. Don't look anything like factory.

Last edited:
Accurate tips do not look like factory tips in my opinion,they are not oval enough,or may be thinking of TTIS.show some pics of both.

image.jpg
Accurate tips do not look like factory tips in my opinion,they are not oval enough,or may be thinking of TTIS.show some pics of both.

I was thinking of these, but they are only 2.25. Not sure about what tips to use now. Might have to modify a set.

Auto Transport Service
Back