• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fair price for needs restored 70 Coronet RT

aldsed

Local time
3:21 AM
Reaction score
Hi guys I am seeking out my next project. I am looking at a 70 Coronet RT that needs restored and I am not quite sure of what it might be worth. The owner is asking for 15k. It needs typical B body sheet metal repair trunk floor, extensions, lower quarter repair, left lower rear glass pocket and possible dutch panel. It is a real WS car but does not have a fender tag and only about 1/4 of a build sheet left. Matching engine runs but needs overhaul, wrong trans was a 4 peed now automatic and wrong rear end should have been a Dana but it's 8 3/4, and needs complete interior overhaul. Give me some input, I know that it is kind of rare but it sure is ugly too but I think it could be a nice car. What do you all think it's worth. Thanks in advance.

Hi guys I am seeking out my next project. I am looking at a 70 Coronet RT that needs restored and I am not quite sure of what it might be worth. The owner is asking for 15k. It needs typical B body sheet metal repair trunk floor, extensions, lower quarter repair, left lower rear glass pocket and possible dutch panel. It is a real WS car but does not have a fender tag and only about 1/4 of a build sheet left. Matching engine runs but needs overhaul, wrong trans was a 4 peed now automatic and wrong rear end should have been a Dana but it's 8 3/4, and needs complete interior overhaul. Give me some input, I know that it is kind of rare but it sure is ugly too but I think it could be a nice car. What do you all think it's worth. Thanks in advance.

Sir, way too many if's for car at 15k that needs that much work sir. I'd pass, but would play for half that.

what were your other restorations.:thinker:

I would offer him 9k for it, if he takes it put the other 6k toward the restoration. If he doesn't keep looking for that next project

Yeah I was kind of thinking the same thing about the price. I have done 4 restos in the past 4 years 1 70 Cuda 2 69 Roadrunners and 1 70 Roadrunner. They all needed about the same amount of major work except for the E body. The 3 B bodies cost between 15K and 20k to do them fully. So I am not sure about this one.

To me, that's a little overpriced, but it depends on how much stuff is good & if any extras/parts come with the car, $10k would be about the tops $$$ to me, from your description, but with out detailed photos it would be really hard to put any $$$ value to a project, even with photos... Does it have the fender tag ??, does it have the build/broadcast sheet ??... How complete is the cars interior ??, is all the trim, dash, gauges, grill, tail-lites, markers & glass etc. all still there & still any good ??... I bought a Calif. car, running driving 68 RR 383ci 727 8.75" w/63k org. miles {my 13th 68-70 RR & probably about the 60th collector type car & 25th Mopar build}, it was a 2 owner car, sons friend of the original owner, with nice custom wheels/new good performance Radial T/A tires & the original 14" Road Wheels too, that deal also had a bunch of extra misc. parts included, but the car needed drivers-side body work {had a crease down the side, I used the original sheet metal & just repaired it}, Ca. car with almost no rust, good floors & trunk, good glass & trim, a complete & near perfect interior, for $6k in 2005... I know that's a while ago now, but I looked at several that were in a similar price range & quality, just in the Sacramento Ca. Area recently about 6 months ago... I was fortunate & able to choose the best of the batch, back then in 2005, but there are better/decent deals out there still... You may have to travel away from your area to find them thou... It might be worth, traveling & the added shipping costs, to get a little better car, from a dryer climate or western car, to begin your project with {just a thought}... I would say a restorable 70 Coronet R/T in the same condition, would be in the same realm or price point, maybe a little more because, most people have now caught on to the value & rarity of many cool Mopars... I'm lucky we have great cars out here in the west, much less rust usually, than back east, allot of the youth are into foreign stuff instead of American muscle, we have far less rust/rot issues than up north or mid west or back east... Good luck with your car search... Happy Moparing

Concur with the rest based on info provided and my imagination. Pics and options and details about fender tag and build sheet would be extremely helpful in the WIW dept

Yeap, a bit pricey unless it's some super rare optioned car but still to much in my book. I'll likely have around $20,000 in mine "completely restored" and only paid $3,500 but mine was far from complete when purchased.

Thank to all of you for the input. I also think it is overpriced the owner said he would not budge off his price but I did not have cash on the spot. The one thing that bothers me is no fender tag. A real bummer considering only a partial build sheet and just the top of the left corner of it was left. Again Thank you all for the great input!!!!!!!!!!!!

Auto Transport Service
Back