• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fall Carlisle Disappointment

HawkRod

Formerly hsorman
Staff member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:40 AM
Reaction score
Hi Guys and Gals,

On Friday I went to Carlisle for the fall meet.

I was very disappointed with the lack of Mopar stuff. My god, if I had a Chevy or Ford, it would have been great! Camaro, Camaro, Camaro, Chevelle Chevelle, Chevelle... I swear the ratio of GM to Mopar vendors must have been easily 50 to 1.

I hate to say it, but if you want Mopar parts, you gotta do it on-line. Carlisle all Chrysler Nationals is good too, but is a once a year shot...:angry1:

Same thing happens to me whenever I go to an event. GM and Ford is the bulk of sellers and resto suppliers.

You got no idea, try living in Canada, next to no Mopar shows or vendors and the on-line prices are often double here PLUS shipping.

Example, looking for a generic line lock. $39 at Jegs.com with free shipping inside US. Similar part in Canada, $129 and $28 shipping in Canada.

Thats one of the reasons i switched to Mopar, i got tired of having what everybody else has. Owned Chevelles and Camaro's for years. At least now when i drive down main st. everybody knows its me not another red Chevelle.

Man I was going to go but worked on my Runner instead . Looks like it was the better choice !!

Thats one of the reasons i switched to Mopar, i got tired of having what everybody else has. Owned Chevelles and Camaro's for years. At least now when i drive down main st. everybody knows its me not another red Chevelle.

2X on that . . . I agree ! ! !

It is nice when I need parts for the Corvette to have a whole show at Carlisle dedicated to parts. However, my heart is into Mopars, so I just need to deal with the more limited parts availability. I was just disappointed to take a day off of work and spend money on gas/show costs to find next to nothing that I needed...

And I feel for you folks in other countries: It must be extra hard to find, buy and ship parts. It must be especially hard since some vendors do not want to deal with foreign transactions. It is the scammers that make it harder for everyone on that score...

That's the same way it is in my neck of the woods.

Man I was going to go but worked on my Runner instead . Looks like it was the better choice !!
That's funny, I did the exact same thing, called my neighbors that went and had them grab some autobody supplies for me.

As long as I've been going to Carlisle it's always been that way. Spring Carlisle is the same way. Chrysler Carlisle is the one to go to in July. Mopar vendors from all over the country are there.

As far as I know, I have the only running Mopar in town.

we only have a few up in my area too... I actually only personally know of only 3 in our county, we are all members here on FBBO too...

- - - Updated - - -

I 100% agree guys & GM & Ford were produced in massive #'s sold way more cars & products... I rarely even go to a show or swap meet anymore... And usually unless it's Mopar specific event, there is little to no participation of Mopar specific products, venders or even Mopar car owners either... I kind of goes both ways too, the Mopar crowd, kind of, only go to mostly all Mopar only events too, maybe because of being out numbered, by so many Camaros & Mustangs or what ever else... We are always out numbered... I like being different, I also like many different makes & models of cars, but I would also like to see, much more Mopar support too...

This is nothing new. Spring/ Fall Carlisle there are very few Mopar only vendors. It is a great place to load up on shop supplies for the winter, maybe score a project out of the corral, or just spend the day walking the 75 acres and see the sights, sure beats a day at work.

Anyone can own a car that your can do a buld up from Advance auto ! Takes some old school know how to go fast in a Mopar !
I can remember when thay would give them away as thay was worth nothing !?!?!
Sure wish I had gotten som of that so called Junk ! LOL!!

West Coast. Chevyland.

yeah, we had a great contingent of Mopars in the Bay area, especially when I lived in Concord, but way too many Chevys or Mustangs in comparison... SoCal & Bakersfield areas both has a great representation of Mopars sometimes too... we are always out numbered thou...

Sounds like fall Carlile is a lot like spring Carlisle, just without the mud.

Anybody been to the "Turkey Run" in Daytona over Thanksgiving weekend? We went last year and going again this year.........lots of Mopar cars and the flea market section of the show takes a full day if not more just to walk through...lots of stuff for Mopars and of course, those "other" makes.

Spring Carlisle is nothing but a Chevy show...with a few Fords thrown in...nothing but a big yard sale....if any Mopars show up in the Car Corral, they are always low end, perfumed pigs. ....usually being sold by flippers who are trying to make a buck. Chryslers @ Carlisle is my favorite show of the year...puts Spring and Fall Carlisle to shame.

Auto Transport Service
Back