• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fall Carlisle Disappointment

the same deal at the charlotte auto fair two weeks ago a ton of cars and folks and vendors, a few mopar cars one or two people selling mopar parts and everything else is chevy, and a few ford folks,it is sickening.and no mopar vendors selling reproduction parts.rockingham nc,has a spring show in april a three day event, i think all mopar cars,show, swap meet,and drag racing.i missed it this year.and i will go to moultrie,ga this november for there three day event.

Hmmmm, sounds about the same in my circle of swap meets.

I get tired of going to swap meets where there are only a few Mopar parts- most of which I have no use for. I was well impressed with the swap meet at Mopars in the park --Mn. but got sick and couldn't see it all. Maybe we need a list of Mopar only swap meets comeing up?..............................MO

Most generic shows are 40% chevy, 35% other gm, 15% ford, and 10% other including Mopar.

Just got back from our regional swap meet. Must have been pontiac day.

Besides me, there was one other Mopar vendor out of about 400 spaces.

I was there at Carlisle too on Friday. Hardly any Mopar stuff, and not a lot of Mopar cars for sale either. TONS of ancient Hot Rod stuff though. TONS of it. It was a beautiful day nonetheless, and beat the SH#T out of going to work.

I too was at the Carlisle show walking around with a GM guy who was in heaven. But when it comes to getting Mopar stuff there in Fall or Spring show it is truly hard to find. I walked the place for 3 days and found just a few parts and because they had a Pentastar the prices were doubled. I took my 70 RR there and auctioned it off at the expo center next door and out of 300 cars in the auction only 10 Mopars. It makes me feel good that they think I am the oddball but their products are everywhere and ours are not.

Attachments

• DSCN6554.jpg
    DSCN6554.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 157
I too was at the Carlisle show walking around with a GM guy who was in heaven. But when it comes to getting Mopar stuff there in Fall or Spring show it is truly hard to find. I walked the place for 3 days and found just a few parts and because they had a Pentastar the prices were doubled. I took my 70 RR there and auctioned it off at the expo center next door and out of 300 cars in the auction only 10 Mopars. It makes me feel good that they think I am the oddball but their products are everywhere and ours are not.

How did you make out at the auction? Did you feel there were enough interested bidders on your car to get a good price? Did you get what you could have gotten in the Car Corral?

Anybody been to the "Turkey Run" in Daytona over Thanksgiving weekend? We went last year and going again this year.........lots of Mopar cars and the flea market section of the show takes a full day if not more just to walk through...lots of stuff for Mopars and of course, those "other" makes.

I must of been at a different turkey run. I walked the parts in less than 3 hours. Im used to the charlotte autofair , been going there for years. I saw very little for mopars. Maybe 4 good dealers. Did see a vendor who I knew from the autofair with lots of mopar stuff. I will have to say there are more cars than you can see at the turkey run but as far as a swap meet, I wont be going back. Anybody going to Moultrie in a couple weeks?

I did ok with the price it sold for 41,800. Their were several bidders and a lot of lookers. I think it did ok for the venue. I am not sure if it would have even sold in the Corral after being there for 4 days did not look like a lot were selling there. Now just to find the next project.

Auto Transport Service
Back