• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FBO advance limiter plate

440beep

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
8:15 PM
Reaction score
I’m considering getting a FBO advance limiter plate for my MP dizzy, and while doing research here, I’ve seen mixed results about the plates. Seen a few posts about the plate not being 100% accurate. Trying to figure out if there’s more positives than negatives for this limiting plate.

Currently I use the MP plastic keys to set the advance plates, so could just stay with that.

I've used them without issue several times. They are a good thing since IMO you generally want as much initial timing as your combo can use while still being able to limit the total advance. Not sure how anyone would have had a negative experience with it, kind of makes no sense.

Not sure how the plates would be inaccurate either since they are CNC machined but you can always measure the slots to check them. I can't find it in my files now but there used to be a chart floating around that showed how much advance certain slot lengths provide. It might be in one of the old MP books somewhere too since that's where tht info originally came from.

That said, how accurate could it have been to weld the slots on the factory T bar and file them to XYZ length? Not really precise methodology there either but again that idea came from Ma Mopar. THe plates eliminate all that BS which is a good thing.

Used them in several cars, for mine as well as for friends with no issues. The ease of simply selecting which slots work best for you is a plus.

Auto Transport Service
Back