• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

February Give Away

Obi Wan Kenobi 25112023130631.jpg

We actually did that once at a parts store where I worked. Had this kid that was always coming in wanting to price out all sorts of parts for his latest imaginary project, that ALWAYS included a "3/4 cam". At first I tried to explain that such was an archaic term that had no real relevance to 'modern' OHV valve engines and that he needed to decide on lift, duration, etc or at least intended use and RPM range. None of this ever took hold, so after a couple of months of this time waster, a couple of us took an old damaged cam that Brian had, and did just this - we sawed 4 lobes off then glued it back together and stored the cam gently beneath the counter.
Next time kid in question came in and said the 'magic word', I excitedly exclaimed that 'man, are you in luck today! We just got a batch of 3/4 cams in on an unbelievable special! $19.95 for 3/4 cams for your application! Have one for you right here." So the kid gets wide eyed and says 'Yeah! 20 bux for a 3/4 cam?!? I'll take it!''
With that, I grabbed the 'special cam' , whacked it on the counter causing 25% of it to fly off into the aisle, handed it to him and said "Here ya go! Heres your THREE QUARTER cam! take it up front to the cashier..." and walked off.

Last edited:
We actually did that once at a parts store where I worked. Had this kid that was always coming in wanting to price out all sorts of parts for his latest imaginary project, that ALWAYS included a "3/4 cam". At first I tried to explain that such was an archaic term that had no real relevance to 'modern' OHV valve engines and that he needed to decide on lift, duration, etc or at least intended use and RPM range. None of this ever took hold, so after a couple of months of this time waster, a couple of us took an old damaged cam that Brian had, and did just this - we sawed 4 lobes off then glued it back together and stored the cam gently beneath the counter.
Next time kid in question came in and said the 'magic word', I excitedly exclaimed that 'man, are you in luck today! We just got a batch of 3/4 cams in on an unbelievable special! $19.95 for 3/4 cams for your application! Have one for you right here." So the kid gets wide eyed and says 'Yeah! 20 bux for a 3/4 cam?!? I'll take it!''
With that, I grabbed the 'special cam' , whacked it on the counter causing 25% of it to fly off into the aisle, handed it to him and said "Here ya go! Heres your THREE QUARTER cam! take it up front to the cashier..." and walked off.
:rofl:
Classic!!

Ok, I think I can clear this up for everyone. In the photo is Jamie Fox. He played the character Wanda on the sit com In living color. Her famous line was, I Rett to go. Me being impatient as I am, I can’t wait until February. I Rett to go. Lol
Ain’t gotta explain it to me…

1706146069808.gif

Close to the edge

Why?? Why can’t you wait for February? Social Security check? Black history month? Why??

Auto Transport Service
Back