• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fender tag

mopar951

Local time
2:20 PM
Reaction score
Hi everyone I was having a hard time decoding my fender tag can anyone help me out? Also does it tell what year my car was built?
IMG_4447.jpeg

IMG_4446.jpeg

What are you having trouble with?
Looks to me like a bronze 69 coronet (500?) with a 318/904, black vinyl top, black bucket seats, power brakes and a/c, built in L.A. 2 watt radio, some chrome moldings and a 26" radiator.
Oh, and agree with Jerry Hall. A16 is scheduled build date (A is Oct, 16 is date), early vin means 1968 assy date. Doesn't mean it was really built on that date.

What are you having trouble with?
Looks to me like a bronze 69 coronet (500?) with a 318/904, black vinyl top, black bucket seats, power brakes and a/c, built in L.A. 2 watt radio, some chrome moldings and a 26" radiator.
Oh, and agree with Jerry Hall. A16 is scheduled build date (A is Oct, 16 is date), early vin means 1968 assy date. Doesn't mean it was really built on that date.
Thank you again for helping me decoding the fender tag!

One more question do you guys have a drivers side rear quarter window for my coronet or know someone who does?

At the top of the page, if you click on forums it will show all of the Forums. Scroll down and you'll find a group that says: "exterior parts for sale". Click on that and then in the upper right hand corner of the screen, you'll see: "search". That will give you a box where you can type in 1/4 window and make the choice of searching the whole site or just the forum of exterior parts for sale. Choosing just the parts forum narrows your search. Sometimes one has to choose "titles only" to narrow the search even more, but in this case, I don't think that's needed.

I looked and there are 1/4 windows for sale

At the top of the page, if you click on forums it will show all of the Forums. Scroll down and you'll find a group that says: "exterior parts for sale". Click on that and then in the upper right hand corner of the screen, you'll see: "search". That will give you a box where you can type in 1/4 window and make the choice of searching the whole site or just the forum of exterior parts for sale. Choosing just the parts forum narrows your search. Sometimes one has to choose "titles only" to narrow the search even more, but in this case, I don't think that's needed.

I looked and there are 1/4 windows for sale
Thanks again I appreciate it

@mopar951 you might wanna try these guys
JR Distributor Intl Inc. 909 628 1115. classic-new.com.
They advertised lots of glass for old Fords and chevies, pretty sure they have Mopar too.
I have them bookmarked in my phone cause they are local to me (in Montclair ca. 50mi east of L.A.) but I HAVE NOT USED THEM., so I don't know if they can help. Use your phone or computer.

Last edited:
Hi everyone I was having a hard time decoding my fender tag can anyone help me out? Also does it tell what year my car was built?

WP23:
Dodge Coronet,Charger
Premium
2 Door Hardtop

F9E: 318 230HP 1-2BBL 8 CYL
Los Angeles, CA, USA

114068: Sequence number

E44: 318 cid 2 barrel V8 230hp
D31: A904 3-Speed Auto Trans.
T7: Dark Bronze Metallic (Dodge), Saddle Bronze Metallic (Plymouth), Tuscan Bronze Metallic (Chrysler & Imperial) Exterior Color
P6X: Trim - Premium, Vinyl Bucket Seats, Black
X9: Black (Dodge), Black Velvet (Plymouth), Formal Black (Chrysler & Imperial) Int. Door Frames
A16: Build Date: October 16
142336: Order number

A01: Light Package
A04: Basic (Radio) Group
B51: Power Brakes
C55: Bucket Seats
G33: LH Remote Racing Mirror
H51: Air Conditioning with Heater

J25: 3 Speed Wipers
M21: Roof drip rail moldings
M31: Belt Moldings
M33: Body Side Moldings
R11: Radio Solid State AM (2 Watts)
V1X: Full Vinyl Top, Black

26: 26in Radiator
END: End of Sales Codes

@mopar951 you might wanna try these guys
JR Distributor Intl Inc. 909 628 1115. classic-new.com.
They advertised lots of glass for old Fords and chevies, pretty sure they have Mopar too.
I have them bookmarked in my phone cause they are local to me (in Montclair ca. 50mi east of L.A.) but I HAVE NOT USED THEM., so I don't know if they can help. Use your phone or computer.

I went with a friend there to pick up an entire set of clear glass for a 1968 Barracuda. Including rear fastback glass. They had every piece in stock. All 8 pieces. Massive warehouse.

You'll have to have existing channel that the glass goes into. There's like a butyl black stuff that goes into the channel with the glass.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back