• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Firestone Wide Oval (Radial) Raised White Letter

Lucky Lar

Local time
2:52 PM
Reaction score
Anybody bought the tires in the attached video?

If so can they tell us what they think about them?

Also would like to hear any comments

George-Costanza-Eating-Popcorn.gif

Love the look. Bias not for me, need performance. Coker prices too high for me.

They are Radials, so I was wondering how they would handle compared to BFG TAs

They are Radials, so I was wondering how they would handle compared to BFG TAs
Wow! How much are they? When I last shopped, I guess sizing was the issue. Running
295 50 15's on the back now. They look sweet.
OK, now I watched the video. Need to know the conversion in sizing. How close is the widest available 15 inch to 295 50?

Last edited:
Wow! How much are they? When I last shopped, I guess sizing was the issue. Running
295 50 15's on the back now. They look sweet.
Not cheap, $236, I was hoping somebody might know if they are crap or not ???

Not cheap, $236, I was hoping somebody might know if they are crap or not ???

I fry off the Coopers at about $100 a piece. How does the G or FG rating get to 295? When I bought the car in 88 it had G70's on it. They seemed wide back then.

Anybody know when they went from RELINE TIRES to RAISED WHITE LETTERS?

Larry, when Chrysler released the "White Hat" special for the various models in the Spring of 69, the white letter tires were an option that could be ordered for particular body styles as I recall. I have some of the press release information and that is the first that I recall the white lettered tires as being an option and by 1970, they were pretty much standard equipment on the performance cars.
Larry, I will email you on the Coker tire availability.
Richard

Larry, when Chrysler released the "White Hat" special for the various models in the Spring of 69, the white letter tires were an option that could be ordered for particular body styles as I recall. I have some of the press release information and that is the first that I recall the white lettered tires as being an option and by 1970, they were pretty much standard equipment on the performance cars.
Richard
What does an FG or G = in numbers we are familiar with?

Richard

Hey Richard

Do you know what tire would have come with my 1970 Hemi Roadrunner from the factory, Size, Style & Brand?
Did they ever come with Redline Tires?
Thanks Richard

I am just guessing, but I would think that a F would equivalent to a 205 and a G would be close to the 215 range. But I am pretty sure that neither is available any longer in a current configuration.

Dennis,
Forget about those other tires; this is what you need hanging off the rear axle.:steering:

upload_2017-1-28_20-10-16.png

Auto Transport Service
Back