• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

First post for a newish(last year) member..

Tori’s67

Local time
6:50 PM
Reaction score
Hi all -
So, my father passed away a while back, and I now have possession of his ‘67 Coronet R/T.
To my knowledge, it hadn’t been out of the garage since the early ‘90’s.

It’s in incredibly good shape, original paint, 440-4 speed, never been messed with or altered.
It only has a little less than 24,000 miles on it(Yes, ACTUAL).

He bought the car new, I used to love going for rides with him(my buddies did too), and now I’m driving it.
Sad thing is, I don’t know if I’ll be able to keep it.

I’ve been lurking here for years, and I’m amazed to see a couple ‘67’s here that are similar.
Over the years, after going to many car shows, I had never seen one like this one in the wild.

I really appreciate this forum and all the knowledge shared here, thank you!
A few pics:

IMG_7001.jpeg

IMG_6979.jpeg

IMG_6982.jpeg

IMG_6976.jpeg

Sorry if this post is not proper…
I didn’t say hi last year, because I didn’t have any pics yet.

Sadly no…

Also, I’ve found that driving it around makes me nervous, I found that I don’t really like the attention it causes, plus, I’m afraid something will happen to it.

Welcome from NJ. Super nice ride. Let’s hope you find a way to hang on to it.

1719098353382.jpeg
sweet ride, Drive that car it is what it is. And sorry for your loss.

I say make sure you have an agreed upon insurance policy on it, and drive it. I bet your Dad would approve. I would never own one of these old cars that I wouldn't drive, just brings back to many fond memories of the good old days.

Welcome, and nice car you have there!

I understand that there are realities of storage and maintenance, but please think long and hard before selling the car. There are many folks who have sold their cars and regret doing so. Given your car's history, I think it would be a shame for you to part with it unless you absolutely have to.

May I humbly suggest you find a Mopar or general car club. Then write up stories about the car's history and share it with people. I think you'll be surprised how much people connect with car stories. As @hunt2elk wisely suggests, make sure the car is insured and then drive it and enjoy it routinely. Your dad would absolutely approve, and once you get used to the car I think you'll find it has great character.

Finally, this community is a great resource to keep it running and for any kind of help you may need.

Good Luck!

Last edited:
If it's just that driving the car makes you nervous and the attention it attracts, that will pass. If it's financial, storage, or upkeep, it's your decision. Just remember its part of your family history, and fond memories. If it's to be sold, offer it to this forum of Mopar lovers first.

If it's just that driving the car makes you nervous and the attention it attracts, that will pass. If it's financial, storage, or upkeep, it's your decision. Just remember its part of your family history, and fond memories. If it's to be sold, offer it to this forum of Mopar lovers first.
It is mostly financial and storage, I know how to work on cars, so keeping it in running shape isn’t an issue(I’ve built motors and transmissions in the past, 2 Camaros, ran at the dragstrip a little), but this car feels so special in how it’s survived, that I feel it deserves a better life than I can give it right now…I’m 63, and I don’t see my situation changing in the future…I know anything is possible though…

Thank you for your response.

Oh, and I will let this forum know if it’s to be sold…

In our experience, we have driven our Chargers to some Charger Meets since the early 90’s. Round trips from 1600-4000 miles. Had wonderful times. Lots of thumbs up and respect by all sorts of driver’s. If you could go to ONE show, I think you would have a very good time.
We have been to Midwest Mopar’s in the Park 3 time’s. It is in your back yard . Usually around the first week in June. It moved to Stillwater a few years ago.
I suggest you try to enjoy this history a little.

@Tori’s67, I'm sorry for the loss of your father. I understand the constraints of both finances and storage, but if you can solve those issues you should hang onto it. Bought new by your father and 24k miles cannot, I repeat, cannot be reproduced. If you just can't swing it right now, maybe there is a family member who would be the caretaker until your situation changes. Also, it's not about what the car deserves, it's what you deserve. I hope you're able to enjoy having and driving it. Cheers!

Nice car...

good luck with dad's old ride, cherish it like he did,
& now drive it like it was intended to be driven

welcome to FBBO from NorCal Sierras

Welcome from the central coast of Cal. Sorry to hear about your dad. I hope you change your mind on the car.

IMG_4984.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back