• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

First post for a newish(last year) member..

Sadly no…

Also, I’ve found that driving it around makes me nervous, I found that I don’t really like the attention it causes, plus, I’m afraid something will happen to it.
Don't let your dads car go,it's a family heirloom! You will always regret it. My parents bought this 70 Charger R/T SE new! I wish it was part of my stable! I have compensated a bit for it. Classic car insurance is cheap enough,insure the car properly and enjoy it! 67 Coronet R/Ts were the first R/T cars built! The very beginning of the R/Ts legacy! They stand the test of time as being very worthy of being the first R/T cars! Welcome to the site!

moms Charger.jpg

20220925_200214.jpg

Don't let your dads car go,it's a family heirloom! You will always regret it. My parents bought this 70 Charger R/T SE new! I wish it was part of my stable! I have compensated a bit for it. Classic car insurance is cheap enough,insure the car properly and enjoy it! 67 Coronet R/Ts were the first R/T cars built! The very beginning of the R/Ts legacy! They stand the test of time as being very worthy of being the first R/T cars! Welcome to the site!

View attachment 1684441

I hear what everyone is saying, but I’m reasonably sure(95+%) I would be ok with it…
Yup, I’m aware of the R/T history(I am a car guy, just winding down with my involvement)…I know there are many more people that would love(and drive!) this car more than myself though…‍♂️

Thanks for this…

View attachment 1684442

Welcome, and nice car you have there!

I understand that there are realities of storage and maintenance, but please think long and hard before selling the car. There are many folks who have sold their cars and regret doing so. Given your car's history, I think it would be a shame for you to part with it unless you absolutely have to.

May I humbly suggest you find a Mopar or general car club. Then write up stories about the car's history and share it with people. I think you'll be surprised how much people connect with car stories. As @hunt2elk wisely suggests, make sure the car is insured and then drive it and enjoy it routinely. Your dad would absolutely approve, and once you get used to the car I think you'll find it has great character.

Finally, this community is a great resource to keep it running and for any kind of help you may need.

Good Luck!

Thank you…
Yes, I’m pretty familiar with it’s character! :)

@Tori’s67, I'm sorry for the loss of your father. I understand the constraints of both finances and storage, but if you can solve those issues you should hang onto it. Bought new by your father and 24k miles cannot, I repeat, cannot be reproduced. If you just can't swing it right now, maybe there is a family member who would be the caretaker until your situation changes. Also, it's not about what the car deserves, it's what you deserve. I hope you're able to enjoy having and driving it. Cheers!

Thanks so much for this…I appreciate it.

There isn’t any other family members with a good situation for the car(it would get wrecked), and our finances don’t have a lot of wiggle room looking forward…

Auto Transport Service
Back