• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

For Sale - Not Mine ***1966 Dodge Hemi Charger - $35000

Appears to me that if it's listed in ebay that it's the real thing
Don't know what's under the skin though
Nice way to get a hemi

Thar sure looks like a real 66 hemi to me, but..... that looks like the famous little-old-lady-with-an-ultra-low-mile-hemi that i have seen in car magazines. Is there anything in the ad that ties the ad to this particular car, other than a picture, that may or may not be the car in the ad?
(It shows the 66 hemi only panel on the drivers inner fender. If it is a swap, somebody went to a lot of trouble to make it look right.)

Makes more sense . I'd still put eyes on it
But since it's a conversion car price makes sense now

Its on ebay.

Yes it is, I saw it there as well.

That's a nice car for only $35k almost to good, scam good

Agree, 35K for a HEMI Charger? Ok yes just realized it is a 383 car and not a real HEMI. Guess that makes sense it is the price it is listed for, plus the green interior with the silver. Pretty ugly and not desirable so that also explains the price. Great looking car otherwise

Last edited:
did he say what year the Hemi itself was?
the car looked good,so if you dropped in a fresh 66/383,what would the car bring?

did he say what year the Hemi itself was?
the car looked good,so if you dropped in a fresh 66/383,what would the car bring?
If the engine is fresh and recent. Up here New they were 15g cdn . the car itself is clean and if maybe the 383 is still around , hard to say 17ish? I payed a little higher than that for mine. But I wanted a clean body with original panels Which I got.

Talked to the gentleman today on it. He said it was a 318 car original.Said it was a 70 hemi seem,s legit , I would still have to lay eyes on it myself.

Huh? Jerry already copied an email stating it was a 383 car.

Appears to me that if it's listed in ebay that it's the real thing
Don't know what's under the skin though
Nice way to get a hemi

Not realy...I had mine listed on E-bay and I wasn't the lister nor knew the lister. Copied My ad from another site

Well it's certainly nice of someone to help sell your car when they don't even know you!
I still don't get the discrepancy on the original motor size? Maybe just a mistake.

heres the ebay ad link
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1966-Dodge-Charger/202949387927?hash=item2f40b9e697:g:j9IAAOSwE19eR0t6

Year: 1966 VIN (Vehicle Identification Number): XP29G

Nice 1966 Dodge Charger. Large Cubic Inch Gas guzzling Engine with Dual 4 Barrel Carburetors and Aircraft Type Cylinder Heads. (Hemi) 24,000 miles on engine overhaul. Aluminum cylinder heads, so engine runs fine on regular gas. Stock Rebuild to street Hemi Specs. Car has Hemi Torqueflight transmission and extra heavy duty torsion bars. Rotating Headlights work as does dash lights. This is not an original Hemi Car. But all the Hemi goodies have been added. When Im driving this beast, and slam the pedal to the metal, and get pushed back into the drivers seat, I could care less that its not a numbers matching Hemi Car. No Low ballers. Price is Firm. Sold as is where is. Local Pick-up. Buyer to arrange pick up or shipping.
I'm in need of Back Surgery and have been denied coverage by my insurance and need to sell this car to raise money for the surgery.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
anyone else think 24 thousand miles on a hemi rebuild sounds like a lot of miles?

anyone else think 24 thousand miles on a hemi rebuild sounds like a lot of miles?
I think with today's gas prices you are probably right, Hemi's are tuff to feed. Makes you wonder if all the miles were acquired in this body, because the car seems to be to clean for that mileage. If anyone is interested it's definitely one you have to see, hear, and drive in person.

Only thing that makes this possible is if it's a lowly 318 car with a hemi stuck in it ! I can see $20-25k for hemi $10-15k or so for car
So that makes sense . But on actual address no deal this is a must see Ash in hand deal.

I always see a red flag when I see phrases like "Charger with Hemi engine" .

I always see a red flag when I see phrases like "Charger with Hemi engine" .
I start to salivate...
upload_2020-3-31_14-43-45.jpeg

upload_2020-3-31_14-42-25.png upload_2020-3-31_14-43-8.png

Somewhat common on A body listings-

"Duster with 340" is not the same as "340 Duster".

Auto Transport Service
Back