• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOR SALE * Not Mine - 440 4 speed road runner cheap!!!!

Bb70charger500

Local time
12:32 PM
Reaction score
1972 Road Runner 440 Engine with matching numbers to car and good florida title. 4 speed transmission. Includes all parts to body of car (front end bumper, grill, hadlight assemblies, rear taillights. First $3500.takes it! call Steve 352-359-0991
00J0J_8znqDm1qoXl_600x450.jpg
00i0i_g56GgKBaqpM_600x450.jpg
00K0K_1qRl9hAHSvb_600x450.jpg
01313_frDx3rsoySr_600x450.jpg

Cars located in north fl. It says I'm about 4 hours south of it .

There is nothing cheap about that car

Sorry, but that's now a parts car.

But think how many guns you could buy with what the engine,18 spline 4spd and Dana (if it's still there) are worth !!

If it truly is a factory 440 four speed RR+GTX (in "Petty" TB3 blue), it might be a candidate for extensive surgery.

need another body donor for sheet metal and other parts ,but would be nice when done
$_1.jpg
$_1.jpg
1972-plymouth-roadrunner-340-rare-original-engine-rare-petty-blue-color-5.jpg
15423066_large.jpg
b501cac2171c7eab3131e3ab10a6cd9a.jpg
72ply73275-1.jpg
4710117376_5b26e6b8af_b.jpg

But think how many guns you could buy with what the engine,18 spline 4spd and Dana (if it's still there) are worth !!
A few years ago, a lot! Nowadays... not so many. I have a garage full of parts I can't give away... literally... I offered them up to the folks in the local Mopar club and no one wants them even for free. And for the out-of-towners, all I hear is "I would love to get it, but you would need to ship it to me". Ah, no. :)

As my Mom used to say... "That car would nickle and dime you to death!" and I suspect that car would. It needs a butt load more than just sheet metal, and you would likely spend twice what you can buy a good driver for.

I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure this is a repeat performance for this car. I seem to remember it being for sale a while ago, and now it's back, which tells me the owner found out they had definitely made a bad decision with this car.

1972 Plymoth Road Runner - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle automotive sale
https://jacksonville.craigslist.org/cto/d/1972-plymoth-road-runner/6273283362.html

Hey guys in was just looking around on the net and spotted this little gem. No it's not mine sadly . I've been wanting one for awhile but I have to much going on right now. Maybe someone will grab a cool project . Good luck

so let me get this straight.......... 1000 bucks is too much to strip a mess off of a hood and repaint; but you think this car is a bargain? :poke:

as with most of the rusty ones, you could drag it home for free; and be immediately and seriously under water

Bru I`m pretty sure your right on this Bird for sale ,not sure but think it was posted some time back ,yup a lot of money to redo this one:thumbsup:

Bru I`m pretty sure your right on this Bird for sale ,not sure but think it was posted some time back ,yup a lot of money to redo this one:thumbsup:
A few years ago, I would offer the guy $800 or so, pay another $300 to tow it back to my place, and part it out and make some money. But these days... it's just not worth the time and effort. I would end up with a garage full of 72 Roadrunner parts that would end up at the scrap yard.

Oh wow ,this car is getting good discussion! I haven't seen any more then you guys but I'm giving it a shot it's a very rare car ! It has a lot of high dollar parts . I can't say if it's worth restoring or for parts yes it's rust that's what we deal with down here. But it's rare and worth it as long as the frame is good !
As for your $1000 hood paint I still say it's insane.

If you don't like it let it be but someone out there is looking for this exact car. I've seen worse for more ! I'm just sharing what I find for others

Oh wow ,this car is getting good discussion! I haven't seen any more then you guys but I'm giving it a shot it's a very rare car ! It has a lot of high dollar parts . I can't say if it's worth restoring or for parts yes it's rust that's what we deal with down here. But it's rare and worth it as long as the frame is good !
As for your $1000 hood paint I still say it's insane.

If you don't like it let it be but someone out there is looking for this exact car. I've seen worse for more ! I'm just sharing what I find for others
It's a relatively-rare car, but it's a money hole and that's what most of us are seeing. If you're someone who loves a backyard full of project cars, this is an ideal purchase for you. But most of us don't fall into that category. These days, if we're going to drop $3,500 on a car, it better be at least a decent driver with minimal rust. This car needs everything, and most likely the engine and trans will need rebuilt as well. I would also bet the buyer hears the "it's all there! I have the parts in boxes" story that ends up being a couple boxes of miscellaneous junk and the car is anything but "all there". :)

I think if you're that guy who's just gotta have a 72 GTX, and I suspect this is really just a Roadrunner or Satellite with a 440 swapped in, then there's a lot of nice cars at great prices to consider before losing your shirt on this wreck IMHO.

1972 Plymoth Road Runner - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle automotive sale
https://jacksonville.craigslist.org/cto/d/1972-plymoth-road-runner/6273283362.html

Hey guys in was just looking around on the net and spotted this little gem. No it's not mine sadly . I've been wanting one for awhile but I have to much going on right now. Maybe someone will grab a cool project . Good luck
By the time you finish this car (probably years) and the money you will have to spend to fix every thing and paint it, you could by mine cheaper and drive/enjoy it.
http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/threads/1970-plymouth-road-runner.135928/

By the time you finish this car (probably years) and the money you will have to spend to fix every thing and paint it, you could by mine cheaper and drive/enjoy it.
http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/threads/1970-plymouth-road-runner.135928/

That's a nice car you have but I like this generation style much better.

There's a lot of ifs firstly I would never pay $3600 for that car second we don't know if it's a real u code car or not if it has a dana and 18 spline under it ,big if . But if they are there and the frames are decent it's a good buy . I can't afford a project of this magnitude it won't be cheap but most arnt

Auto Transport Service
Back