• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

For those who have had the shingles......

So did the sinus headache start first or the actual rash Cranky?
Got the rash first.....

Tell me you went to the doctor. Shingles being close to the eye can be dangerous. If nerves in the eye are effected it can cause blindness.
Oh yeah. After my dad got it years ago and being told by my friends it looked like shingles I went to one of those urgent care places after I couldn't get in to my regular doctor. I'm looking for a different 'regular' doctor now!

Got a shingle vaccine shot 8 years ago, wife got shingles not vaccinated. Shot suppose to 80% effective I think. Wife had a mild case, hard for her, if there's an itch it need scratching.
Funny thing about mine is it never got itchy.....

Oh yeah. After my dad got it years ago and being told by my friends it looked like shingles I went to one of those urgent care places after I couldn't get in to my regular doctor. I'm looking for a different 'regular' doctor now!

Did they give you a shot?

Got the rash first.....

Funny thing about mine is it never got itchy.....
Mine never itched either or really much pain, unless you touched it, breathed on it or had clothing rub on it. They gave me gabapentin for the nerve pain which helped tremendously and a mild muscle relaxer.

Huh, amazing.

Well glad you're on the road to recovery. Eat something good for you and get your strength back.
Never lost my appetite and actually gained a few pounds during the holiday. May have been due to eating too much ice cream lol

My wife gets a itchy red bumps from mosquito bites. Scatches them 'til some bleed. She's from Croatia and her area doesn't have many skeeters.
It's hard for me to not scratch skeeter bites too but I'm better than I used to be. In fact, I'm a LOT better lol

I might get the shingles vaccine, if I could ABSOLUTELY POSITIVE that that was ALL that was in the syringe.
Since I can't, I wont.
Not gonna run any risk of getting that deadly poisonous covid vaccine crap.

You have to get two shots a month or so apart. I will tell you that Submit and I both got mildly sick (more like worn down) from them, which is normal. My advice is to anyone (who works) contemplating getting jabbed is to get them on a Friday so you can have the weekend to recover.

I haven’t had shingles but my wife and I got our second in the new 2-shot series on Monday. I remember feeling pretty crummy after the first one but the second one really did us in - achy all over, splitting headache, dizzy, just plain felt like crap that set in about 6 hrs after the shot and lasted through about 30 hours. Wife had nausea too. Felt much better today but joints still somewhat achey. If you get these expect to pretty much write off the day after.

I've had chicken pox 5 times ,I've even got chicken pox scars on my lungs (they thought I had cancer). when asked about it at the doctors he said I've used it all up and he didn't think I will get shingles

No reactions to the shots for me.
:bananadance:

My Dad had shingles, and it was all over his back. Excruciating for him! This was after my Mom had her first stroke, so physically and emotionally, he was a wreck. Stress does not help at all! I couldn't do anything to help him, and I felt so bad about that.

I remember having the mumps and measles as a kid, but I don't remember having chicken pox.

Auto Transport Service
Back