• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Forget? How can we.

Cheapsunglasses

In Rust We Trust!
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:44 AM
Reaction score
It’s all we know. For an end of one generation, to the next generation all we know is violence. Okc bombing, first attack on the World Trade Center, school shootings were becoming a thing. And the tragedy of today 23 years ago. We grew up and were born into violence, it shouldn’t be a surprise we’re so screwed up now. What we have forgotten is 9/12. Always remember 9/11, but pray for a 9/12

0D9A9561-D2FA-4FCE-ABA5-9649B717A288.jpeg

D4F2A708-DC46-4A86-B70F-9038C3484ACB.jpeg

You're right, the world has gone to hell in a handbasket. I don't like it, but it's the only game in town. We hope for better times and kinder people. One thing's for sure, you came out the other side a very good example of how it still exists! Thanks for sharing and God bless America.

The world has been in chaos ever since human beings started walking on it. Yeah, we've had times of relative peace but there's always someone that wants to control the world.

The world has been in chaos ever since human beings started walking on it. Yeah, we've had times of relative peace but there's always someone that wants to control the world.
X2

I keep this picture on my desk. I took it when training on the 61st floor with Morgan Stanley in '99.

20240911_084711.jpg

One of those tragic days I remember so vividly and hard to believe how much time has passed. Each gen sadly gets one as mine had the Kennedy assassinations. Despite being in 3rd grade when JFK was killed, I remember the day like it was last week. But, at 45 when 9-11 happened, it was like happening in slow motion coming back from the 35-minute ride dropping my kid off at school hearing it on my favorite radio program. Getting home turned on the TV to see it. Got to the point where I wanted to go get my daughter thinking the attacks were just going to keep continuing everywhere.

Prayers for the victims, their families, and the heroic rescue workers who died and those who didn’t realize what their futures held..

I also heard about it first on a morning radio show that focused on humor as I was getting ready for work. It took a while to comprehend what they were saying, then I turned on the TV just in time to see the 2nd impact on the towers. Morgan Stanley had 10 floors in that building, and I interfaced with several people there almost daily. I remember talking with a woman on the bond floor the next week who made it out. She told me that she watched the plane approach her on a bank with the lower wing headed right towards her, and she could see the profile of the pilot. Just before impact the plane leveled and hit just above her. The mood and mentality at work that morning is impossible to describe. Everyone reported, but one by one, just wandered off silently and went home. We had a waterfront office on the Columbia River, just across from the Portland airport and it was spooky the next few days with the lack of planes. It was weird that the absence of something affected one at that level. I'm still angry.

A current business partner of mine on some rentals had just finished his 3 week training period in the World Trade Center on the Friday before the Tuesday it happened. That was a close call!

Rest in peace our fellow Americans who were tragically killed in this attack against America. My brother in laws older brother died on the second plane to hit the World Trade Center. Everytime they show the video of the attack he sees his brother die again. The family was left with no closure and no body to bury.

And sadly ,,, this will never change

This will repeat itself, as we are currently being invaded by unvetted terrorists on a daily basis!

Always a somber day of remembrance in our home. My wife worked as a consultant for Marsh McClennan on the 99th floor of World Trade 1 up until 3 weeks before 9/11. We went on vacation late August/early September and she was informed that her position was being eliminated right before we left with an end date 2 weeks after she returned from vacation. She was given the option of either going back to NY for her final 2 weeks or just taking the 2 weeks pay and going on with her life.
Thankfully that was an easy decision and she went to St. Louis to visit her mom instead of returning to NY. That decision likely saved her life as she would have been in the office when the 1st plane hit. She knew many who were not so fortunate and still wrestles with survivor guilt.

Unfortunately we have forgotten. The only reminder of 9/11 is the TSA and Patriot Act. Both which eliminated liberties of the sheeple.

Unfortunately we have forgotten. The only reminder of 9/11 is the TSA and Patriot Act. Both which eliminated liberties of the sheeple.
I guess you didn’t get what I was saying. All the violence and hate we have going on is because 2 generations grew up or were born into it. Things haven’t always been easy, but look at all the terrorist attacks and the rise of school shootings in the 90s, and the tragedy that happened on this day. We can’t forget because we don’t know anything else. We’ve become so use to it, it just doesn’t phase us anymore sadly. The only thing we’ve forgotten is the days after, when we put aside our labels and differences and stood as one.

Auto Transport Service
Back