• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Found a source for the large rear 1967 GTX hood scoop bell nuts.

Gary67

Local time
3:58 AM
Reaction score
fits 67 GTX Satellite Coronet Belvedere Hood Scoop mounting Kit 1967 NEW | eBay
The rear nuts are 1/4-20, kit comes with no studs. The small nuts are pretty hard to start, but they go, wound up starting/chasing them off the scoop first, didn't like pushing on the scoop too hard.
I drilled out my rear scoop bosses to accept a cut down Ford Mustang scoop stud, then screwed and epoxied them in. I like that the mustang stud has the flat circle seperating the theads, came out pretty good. I dont think the kits from Mega or Classic come with the large rear nuts, plus they are on backorder. You can look for 10/24 hanger bolts if you are missing the small studs in the mean time.

20240803_074513.jpg

20240801_130206.jpg

20240801_125718.jpg

Looks like a nice set. Considering I spent $25 on 1 of the rear bell nuts in the past. Where did you locate the studs? The studs are a larger diameter on the scoop side? Same thread pitch & diameter on the nut side?

361892395_3576195009276827_2438256706911352853_n.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like a nice set. Considering I spent $25 on 1 of the rear bell nuts in the past. Where did you locate the studs? The studs are a larger diameter on the scoop side? Same thread pitch & diameter on the nut side?

View attachment 1705030
Yes large diameter scoop side coarse thread, nut side is 1/4-20.I cut the coarse thread side in half to fit. Ebay item Hood Scoop Studs Nuts Mounting Hardware For 1979-1982 Ford Mustang | eBay I had to drill out the rear scoop bosses on the GTX scoop. They are Mustang scoop studs, my original studs were long gone. I used one size larger drill than the exisisting small hole each time until I could screw the new stud in. I marked the drill bit depth as well, you sure don't want to drill through the scoop....

Last edited:
Thanks for the information. I went through this a few months ago but couldn’t locate the large bell hats for the rear. And no, Mega Parts does not include the rear hats.

I wonder if they will sell just the 4 rear hats separately?

Thanks for the information. I went through this a few months ago but couldn’t locate the large bell hats for the rear. And no, Mega Parts does not include the rear hats.

I wonder if they will sell just the 4 rear hats separately?
I't wont cost anything to ask, but I do think that's a pretty fair deal in todays economy. It's just another one of those 67 GTX one year only parts that are so much fun to hunt for.

Last edited:
Check out a header panel for something like a Cordoba if you can find one. They used something that looks similar to that stud. Anything that used those type headers and taillight extensions used them.

Auto Transport Service
Back