• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Front & Back Glass install ?s 65 Coronet 500

Mopar512Guy

Local time
4:37 AM
Reaction score
I am getting ready to install the front and rear glass on my 65 Coronet. I have done a lot of research and have the gaskets. My question for anyone that has done 65s is about the method. Are they the same (IE - rope type) or are they different (rope rear and front gasket first the fit in glass)? I have seen info for 64s and 66s but not 65s.

Thanks!

20171210_131906.jpg

20171210_132137.jpg

This is what worked for me, on my 65 Belvedere, mainly based on research here and some online. Rope-in the rear. The front doesn’t require roping in. Front gasket goes in first, then the glass, then you lock the gasket.
For me, the front was much easier.

I just did mine front and back with the rope method. Seals are from Steele
The back went in like butter, 10 minutes with two of us

The front is little funky and glass moves ever so slightly in upper drivers corner
I have a call into Steele to see if my error or the seal is bad
It did seem a bit sloppy when we put it on windshield

Love white and red !!

Dan

IMG_2776.jpeg

This is what worked for me, on my 65 Belvedere, mainly based on research here and some online. Rope-in the rear. The front doesn’t require roping in. Front gasket goes in first, then the glass, then you lock the gasket.
For me, the front was much easier.
Thanks! What "locks in" the front gasket?

'64 and '65 procedures would be the same. Factory shop manual covers this pretty well. Personally, I would hire a professional to do this. You would be pretty sick, if you accidentally snapped that hard-to-find rear glass.
I found a shop that installed my front and rear glass, and new headliner for $400. Money well spent in my estimation.

Last edited:
I just did mine front and back with the rope method. Seals are from Steele
The back went in like butter, 10 minutes with two of us

The front is little funky and glass moves ever so slightly in upper drivers corner
I have a call into Steele to see if my error or the seal is bad
It did seem a bit sloppy when we put it on windshield

Love white and red !!

Dan

View attachment 1693319
Thanks Dan. The pictures a little old. Finally hitting the final few items and unfortunately, I will have to let it go. Nice looking ride you have there.

Get a couple of suction cups from Harbor Freight and another set of hands and you should be ok. Use soapy water for the front to get it in. Work it in with plastic tools.
Roping the rear in was more difficult for me - some people say it pops right in but I had to work it. Need to have someone on the outside pressing it in as you rope it around. It’s messy is you use sealer so put something down to protect your package tray

IMG_2562.jpeg

Thanks! What "locks in" the front gasket?
I think this is standard for front gaskets - there is a part of the gasket that folds over and snaps into the main part of the gasket. Not the best picture but it might give you the idea

IMG_3955.png

Auto Transport Service
Back