• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

66/67 Coronet Hardtop Windshield Too Wide?

Sam69sat

Local time
11:05 PM
Reaction score
Anyone know of the dimension of a 66/67 b body hardtop windshield (coronet)? I bought one from the local glass installer but when i compare it to the one that was in the car, the new one is approximately 3/8 wider. The height and overall shape look to match good but i'm wonderning if i'm going to have problems with that extras 3/16 on each side. I have a gasket but i'm not at the point where i'm anywhere near ready to install glass. Not sure if the old one was maybe a little short or the new one is just too long.

Where and how are you measuring it. Width wise you can come up with several different measurements depending on how it's measured.

What's the # on the glass. That will tell you

Industry number DW 671 for a 2 door hardtop.
Sedan and convert are taller, same width at bottom edge. Same lower trim and cowl.

What body style do you have?

Hardtop and convert are the same. But the gasket is different.
Sedans and wagons are different.

Where and how are you measuring it. Width wise you can come up with several different measurements depending on how it's measured.

What i did was carefully put the new glass and old glass together and noticed the new one had about 3/16 extra on each side when centered.

Industry number DW 671 for a 2 door hardtop.
Sedan and convert are taller, same width at bottom edge. Same lower trim and cowl.

What body style do you have?

The believe the sticker did say 671 and the shape is correct. I'll double check later. Just concerned about the extra width on the new glass. I'm not sure if that's going to make it difficult to install. It's for a 66 2dr Coronet Hardtop.

Maybe the best thing to do is test fit the gasket and take a measurement.

There is some give in a fresh gasket. I really don't think it will be to big.

Auto Transport Service
Back