• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

front braided line question...

icetech

Local time
10:10 AM
Reaction score
Soo.. my brain overthinks everything and makes me nuts.. this is probably fine but with brakes i would rather ask and be safe. I pulled my upper control arms today to put in offset bushings which i should have done when i put them on months ago, but anything worth doing once...

So.. i look at the brake line and it's half yellow which i realize is brake fluid inside the outer cover.. i can't see anyway for it to get in there other than leaking in at the crimped end.. These have been bled a few times and pulled out of the garage like 10 times so no real miles.. although i have been trying to fix a spongy pedal issue. Is this normal or find new lines? Does anyone have an exact part # for good lines? These were in the pirate jack kit and made by MBM, the brakes are manual disc/drum with a 1.03" mid 70s a-body MC.

Second pic is on the passenger side, same weeping into the cover but on the other end and not as bad.
1723390156199.jpeg
1723390172779.jpeg

Weird. Since it's not exposed to any UV, I wonder if that discoloring could be fluid seeping between the outer sheath and the stainless braid. See any signs of fluid bubbles?

Weird. Since it's not exposed to any UV, I wonder if that discoloring could be fluid seeping between the outer sheath and the stainless braid. See any signs of fluid bubbles?
That's what it is, brake fluid.. no air bubbles or anything, it's seeping in at the ends where the hose is crimped.. i just didn't know if that's normal or not..

Not normal. Fragola and some others have DOT approved lines available in varying lengths. Looks like you need 3/8" inverted flare on the top end and a banjo for the caliper.

Not normal. Fragola and some others have DOT approved lines available in varying lengths. Looks like you need 3/8" inverted flare on the top end and a banjo for the caliper.
well pewp...
Since we are talking.. when i got the kit the brake lines are so long i ended up putting the calipers to the front instead of rear on the rotor, there is no issue with that as long as the bleeder is up top right?

10-4 on the bleeder. Get fresh crush washers, x4, for the replacement lines on the banjo fitting. 2 per side.

well pewp...
Since we are talking.. when i got the kit the brake lines are so long i ended up putting the calipers to the front instead of rear on the rotor, there is no issue with that as long as the bleeder is up top right?
They can interfere with the sway bar links when mounted on the front

K.. ordered new lines from dr diff.. comes with new washers also.. got the shorter lines so i can move the caliper to behind the rotors the way god intended also.. the ones that came with the kit were so long that with the calipers in the back the hoses hung below the tie rods

gonna let my back rest a bit then go out and swap spindles/caliper sides so i'm ready when they show up.. did a buncha stuff today then moved a night light fender and blew my back out.. just hit the right angle

gonna let my back rest a bit then go out and swap spindles/caliper sides so i'm ready when they show up.. did a buncha stuff today then moved a night light fender and blew my back out.. just hit the right angle
Nerve or muscle?
I've never had nerve problems in my back. Muscle straines? Oh yeah! Sometimes can't stand up or get out of bed for a couple days.

Nerve or muscle?
I've never had nerve problems in my back. Muscle straines? Oh yeah!
feels muscle.. luckily it isn't too bad..just a sore feeling now, every like 5 years i rewaken a old lower back injury that will put me on the floor for days, nothing more fun than slowly crawling to a toilet then screaming in pain to get up to it :)

feels muscle.. luckily it isn't too bad..just a sore feeling now, every like 5 years i rewaken a old lower back injury that will put me on the floor for days, nothing more fun than slowly crawling to a toilet then screaming in pain to get up to it :)
Or screaming in pain while using it.
Usually a different cause

Auto Transport Service
Back