• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Front disc brake conversion kits

On my last project I used a Viper kit. Looks great, works great and fit nice.

DSC_3613 (Large).JPG

DSC_3608 (Large).JPG

What do you mean exactly by "best?" Price? Stopping power? Factory setup? Aftermarket? Daily driving ? Weekend auto cross? Wheel fit selection ?
Here is a standard go to from long ago, using all Mopar factory parts.
All Rick is saying, that if
you are willing to take the
time, and enjoy the hunt,
that you're not tied down
to using ready made kits
available from trusted
vendors. Evidently, they've
done the homework, and
offer kits available more so
for those that want a quick
and easy conversion.
What the poster is
suggesting is that you can
piece together a braking
system, using available
junk yard parts at a fraction
of the price of ready made
kits. In no way am I knocking
Dr. Diff....
They're in the business of
making the conversions
for a more modern driving
experience. They've done
an exceptional job at
making our lives "easier".

All Rick is saying, that if
you are willing to take the
time, and enjoy the hunt,
that you're not tied down
to using ready made kits
available from trusted
vendors. Evidently, they've
done the homework, and
offer kits available more so
for those that want a quick
and easy conversion.
What the poster is
suggesting is that you can
piece together a braking
system, using available
junk yard parts at a fraction
of the price of ready made
kits. In no way am I knocking
Dr. Diff....
They're in the business of
making the conversions
for a more modern driving
experience. They've done
an exceptional job at
making our lives "easier".
The discotech article was great info 30 years ago when it first came out but these days it isn't super helpful since the wrecking yards have been picked over for year. Back in the 1990 to 2005 era I would load up my tool box on Saturday and go to the wrecking yard to pull disc brakes. I used to get one or two sets of A body or FMJ knuckles each trip as well as a set of 11.75 rotors and caliper adapters. I had a nice little side gig selling those parts to guys in the midwest and northeast. But is long gone which is why Doctor Diff invested money to have reproduction parts made.

I dont think you can even get the good pin type adapters anyplace. I got a set out of a junkyard in the middle of nowhere about 1999 and never saw a set after that. Then if you found them, I’m not sure if you can get the pin type calipers either.

I dont think you can even get the good pin type adapters anyplace. I got a set out of a junkyard in the middle of nowhere about 1999 and never saw a set after that. Then if you found them, I’m not sure if you can get the pin type calipers either.
Yeah the pin type dried up a long time ago. The factory switched to sliders and then so did the replacement mfgs.

Auto Transport Service
Back