• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Front sway bar help

Nick ciavarino

Local time
6:10 PM
Reaction score
Hi everyone can i please have some help on a front sway bar kit for my 64 sportfury according my vin , fender tag, and the Chrysler registry it is suppost to be a street wedge car? I don't see any holes on the k frame and such to attach it.Did all 64 sportfury come with front sway bars.My rear brake drums measure 11" inside diameter. Any help would be great. Thanks

Not sure if this sheds any light on your situation. In HS in the late 60's I decided my 62 Polara 500 needed a front swaybar among other things. I don't believe the factory ever offered a sway on that car actually, others will chime in. I didn't give up and being the car was 6-7years old similar chassis were to be found in the junk yards. What I found that fit OEM did not attach directly to the LCA, but attached with a rubber bushing to the brake strut rods. I wasn't excited with the design but had few options, as aftermarket options if found were very sparse. I believe a 64 is nearly the same chassis, but by then I thought they went to the newer better design direct LCA attachment. The swaybar did not make a remarkable difference, and was wimpy by todays standards

Not sure if this sheds any light on your situation. In HS in the late 60's I decided my 62 Polara 500 needed a front swaybar among other things. I don't believe the factory ever offered a sway on that car actually, others will chime in. I didn't give up and being the car was 6-7years old similar chassis were to be found in the junk yards. What I found that fit OEM did not attach directly to the LCA, but attached with a rubber bushing to the brake strut rods. I wasn't excited with the design but had few options, as aftermarket options if found were very sparse. I believe a 64 is nearly the same chassis, but by then I thought they went to the newer better design direct LCA attachment. The swaybar did not make a remarkable difference, and was wimpy by todays standards
I have no sportfurys in my area to get a visual of the undercarriage. Thanks for your help.

I purchased mine from Firm Feel Inc. They offer a couple of different units.

DSCN3744.JPG

DSCN3746.JPG

DSCN3748.JPG

DSCN3750.JPG

DSCN3751.JPG

Front sway bar showed up in 1964 as part of the 426 Street Wedge package, along with 11" brakes. This bar mounted to the K-member with brackets. Post # 4 shows the holes for these brackets on the K-member. The open end of the bar clamped to the lower control arm strut rods. Kinda Mickey Mouse, but better than nothing. This bar was used through 1965 and early 1966, also. I have found these bars on early 1966 Chargers with 383. Late '66 changed to the style that was carried through 1970, requiring mounting tabs on lower control arms.

PA280018.JPG

I have the 1964 factory front sway bar and the attaching hardware that I would sell.

How much would it cost. I do have a ?how do you mount the bar to k-frame there are 3 holes drilled on each side but no idea if it mounts there.Thanks

Here are a couple of pictures of what I have.
Two Sway Bars, One complete set of mounting hardware with newer bushings.
Misc. extra used and new bushings and bar link.
$225 buys it all. Can deliver to Carlisle.

The factory holes in the K frame are where 2 long brackets mount.

Here is some pictures I found showing the mounting.

105_7777.JPG

105_7776.JPG

Last edited:

[/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL]

View attachment 1688459

View attachment 1688460

How much would it cost. I do have a ?how do you mount the bar to k-frame there are 3 holes drilled on each side but no idea if it mounts there.Thanks

[/URL]

View attachment 1688459

View attachment 1688460
Thank You I have to think about it I don't go to Carlisle anymore would have to have it shipped to my home i'm trying to send a pic of my k-frame as far as hole location having trouble doing that.Thanks for looking at my post.

All the V-8 K-frames have those 3 holes to mount the sway bar. My car originally had a 313, and has the holes. A sway bar bolted right in. In Canada, we could not get a 426 Street Wedge, but the K-frame still had the holes. Layson's have new rubber insulators for these bars.

All the V-8 K-frames have those 3 holes to mount the sway bar. My car originally had a 313, and has the holes. A sway bar bolted right in. In Canada, we could not get a 426 Street Wedge, but the K-frame still had the holes. Layson's have new rubber insulators for these bars.
Thank You.

Auto Transport Service
Back