• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fuel pressure regulator

Houle #382

Local time
2:56 AM
Reaction score
Looking into buying a fuel pressure regulator, don't want to break the bank but would like a descent regulator. Would like something that I can mount on top of the intake by the coil. It's for a BB. Any suggestions ? She running a little over 7 1/2 now and would like to get it down to 5.5 to 6 psi

Instead of regulating a pump that puts out too much pressure, why not just get a suitable inexpensive pump like a Carter M3672? Working great on my 440 for years.

Carter rates that pump at 5.5psi max.

Try a Holley regulator, but mount it on the passenger inner fender

I been running a Holley regulator for years....no problems. Mounted on passenger inner fender to stay away from any engine heat.

I have a Quick fuel, it's black and used Push lock black fittings. I mounted mine on the right frame rail by the fuel pump, you wouldn't know it was there unless you were looking for it. Top end at the Sixpack all looks normal, unless you want your junk hanging out so everyone can see it.

Looking into buying a fuel pressure regulator, don't want to break the bank but would like a descent regulator. Would like something that I can mount on top of the intake by the coil. It's for a BB. Any suggestions ? She running a little over 7 1/2 now and would like to get it down to 5.5 to 6 psi
Get one with a gauge.

@Houle #382

A friend fixed his rich/ rough running issue with this one. Bracket, gauge, no return type.
https://www.speedwaymotors.com/Holl...EGoogle&utm_source=CSE&utm_campaign=CSEGOOGLE

1725985235402.png

I for get the brand but I think it's Holley. I mounted it on my 360 small block in my 65 Belvedere wagon. Mechanical fuel pumps were too high and causing the carb to flood at idle. This took care of it. I just had to fabricate the little bracket on the alt bracket. It's the 65 alt set up but you get the idea. Now it's at 5-5.5 psi.

1725992112818.jpeg

1725992140644.jpeg

I've used the holley blue dirt-simple regulator for decades. I have two others that came with my trick flow pumps..... they look EXACTLY like the holley, except for color. I didn't feel the need to install the new regulators, when I installed the pumps.
But my regulators are installed on the passenger inner fender, have a pressure gauge installed (one at the regulator, one on the carb bowl), and two braided lines, one to each bowl, for jet changes without fuel line removal.

The holleys have 2 available springs. Make sure to use the weak spring

Instead of regulating a pump that puts out too much pressure, why not just get a suitable inexpensive pump like a Carter M3672? Working great on my 440 for years.
My bad that's not the number of the Carter I tried, I did research the M3672 and picked one up today. Trying to find a 90 degree so I can get it mounted

I took your advice and bought the Carter 3672 pump. Got it installed yesterday and started it up today, WTF 15 psi, I'm going back to the one I had on there just going to have to live with 7 psi

Auto Transport Service
Back