• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Glove box light/switch

kma9176

Local time
2:23 PM
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the Glovebox light/switch in my 71'Satellite Sebring plus should be a 2x wire or a single wire unit-I think it was 2x wire but not sure??

I have no clue. But if you can't get an answer here, ask Tommy at, parts hound.net

Most of them are a single pink wire. The wire is constant hot, and the terminal is the side of the socket. The bulb holder makes ground.

Yeap, socket/switch assembly cut and feeds ground via chassis to the center point at bulb, while constant positive is feeded to the bulb base via the pink wire.

Terminal in fact gets a tab to keep into the plastic piece and a slot to accept the bayonet side point of the bulb base. Is a ver specific terminal for it.

glove-box-light-switch-jpg.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you very much for the info - I can work from that.
Once again many Thanks
Kev

The correct socket/wire assembly would reach the power provision around speaker area down the dash... bullet kind terminal like the one on pic. You could get a shorter one if you want and find it cheaper, just elongating the wire with an extension or splicing a longer wire in the middle. Socket/switch itself is very common to mostly of 60/70s Mopars so no need to be specific for 71/74 B body

Auto Transport Service
Back