• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Going to purchase a set of 15" tires for my 67

I have 30 year old Goodyear Eagle ST's, 275-60-15 on the back of my 69 Coronet R/T, Still look like new. I carry 2 spares with me and I don't go 140 anymore.:rofl:

I have 30 year old Goodyear Eagle ST's, 275-60-15 on the back of my 69 Coronet R/T, Still look like new. I carry 2 spares with me and I don't go 140 anymore.:rofl:
You need not worry, those are old enough they are made of rubber and not epdm or neoprene
Dry rot and the magic 5 year expiration date are a more modern "improvement" to tires.
Keep them out of the sun and they will be fine. The original spare from my 78 Monaco has no rot, spent it's life in the trunk.

Loved the Eagle ST’s on our last Charger. Handled so well!
Be careful with the Eagles GT also. I have 20 year old tires that never saw sunlight and in environment controlled. No cracks perfect looking. My buddy driving it says its vibrating, ok no biggy with classics. I look at it, a 2” wide strip about 10” long fell out of the center rib. Never lost a pound of air. Completely changed my tight wad outlook on old tires now.

Be careful with the Eagles GT also. I have 20 year old tires that never saw sunlight and in environment controlled. No cracks perfect looking. My buddy driving it says its vibrating, ok no biggy with classics. I look at it, a 2” wide strip about 10” long fell out of the center rib. Never lost a pound of air. Completely changed my tight wad outlook on old tires now.
Did you by chance keep the car on blocks or just on the tires?

l allways loved a good set of Goodyear Polyglass like were around late 60/70's....bought my first new set in 1975 !

Looks like those Mastercraft tires are on sale right now on Amzn for $127 for 255/60R15. Wlmrt has them for that price too.

Auto Transport Service
Back