• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golfcart permits per NHRA

wedge5

Local time
4:32 AM
Reaction score
Maybe this has been a rule for awhile but not at my tracks.

I got a notice with my local tracks schedule flyer stating that all pit vehicles had to have a track reg. sticker. I figured this was going to happen with all the pit vehicles running all over the place. Just sucks it has to take place now. Track attendance is most likely going to be down this year with the gas prices going through the roof and now another fee to pay. Oh well, guess my wife will have to walk around instead.

Yep it's a real crock. I know tracks are hurting for money. But they can't keep going back to the well or sooner or later it will run dry.
I think this is more of a NHRA thing. They seem to have their heads in the same hole as some of our more liberal politicians. "The way to prosperity is taxation.... or in NHRA's case Fees.

I think it's probably to help cover rising insurance costs, or something like that, pass the buck down to the racers, oh well.

goin to lebanon valley on 4/30 for our 1st race. im going to see if they ride around looking to grab our 4 wheelers like last year for the $10.00
This year nobodies going on my atv.people who aren't accountable for their actions and don't respect peoples property dont belong on someone's pit vehicle.:thefinger:

I gotta say, obviously different from a sportsmans perspective, but in all the time I've spent working on top fuel cars, I hated racing IHRA. Now they've all but done away with the Pro show, and it is a show racing monster trucks, gimme a break.
But they charged us to get in to try and qualify and get your money back, made you take a backseat to wheelstanders and jet trucks, and the sessions would sometimes take 3-4 hours.

Auto Transport Service
Back