• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Goodbye Old Wallet

Ron H

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:37 AM
Reaction score
There are certain items I don't relish having to replace and my wallet is one of them. Finally did it today...was overdue. I had duct taped it some months ago and further deterioration made doing it again kinda risky to keep things contained. Ya know it takes time to break in, take a set to mate with the ***, and is hassle free. And the last couple times I looked for a new wallet never found one that seemed as nice as the old one. Now I could use a pliers to yank out the credit cards and parted with **** deep inside that shoulda been gone years ago like the 2012 calendar card. Well, goodbye old wallet. My new one feels like a chunk of wood against my ***!

Wallet 1.jpg Wallet 2.jpg

I'm right there with ya on the change. I hate breaking in a new one.

Yeah, I just exchanged mine a month ago and I need a God Damned pair of needle nose to get
my credit cards out! My Wife suggested it after seeing me pull that old Ratty-assed thing out in
the store. I agreed, and now for the break-in. Not like a set of rings!

RonH you are the man, gonna have to do it very soon ….or will have to duct tape too!

Yeah, I just exchanged mine a month ago and I need a God Damned pair of needle nose to get
my credit cards out! My Wife suggested it after seeing me pull that old Ratty-assed thing out in
the store. I agreed, and now for the break-in. Not like a set of rings!
I hear ya on the needle nose!

Breaking in a new wallet is worse than being a kid breaking in a new baseball glove. At least that was fun; kicking it, throwing it, hitting it with your bat.

I'm still tryin to break one in that's been going on for about 2 years now, it's still as a stiff as a 2X4. And it's not all stuffed with stuff either.

I found one thing. Make sure you get a good REAL leather wallet. Plus I started carrying my wallet in my front pocket. Took a little getting used to at first, but it helps keep your back to stay aligned. Since doing so, I do not have near the back-ache.

I feel right at home with your thread.
Have to finally retire my old one that i have had for literally decades.
Bought my replacement, but just haven't gotten around to using it yet.

There are certain items I don't relish having to replace and my wallet is one of them. Finally did it today...was overdue. I had duct taped it some months ago and further deterioration made doing it again kinda risky to keep things contained. Ya know it takes time to break in, take a set to mate with the ***, and is hassle free. And the last couple times I looked for a new wallet never found one that seemed as nice as the old one. Now I could use a pliers to yank out the credit cards and parted with **** deep inside that shoulda been gone years ago like the 2012 calendar card. Well, goodbye old wallet. My new one feels like a chunk of wood against my ***!

View attachment 731113 View attachment 731115

Looks a lot like mine. EMPTY!

That's my Christmas list default....underwear, socks and a wallet. :D

All three need some degree of a break-in period :lol:

The last time I bought a wallet, I bought two of the same. I can't remember how long ago that was, but between these two, I think I may be good for the rest of my life.

Mine disintegrated. No choice but replace. Got the window with opening to thumb out for quick removal for air travel.

Make sure you get a good REAL leather wallet. Plus I started carrying my wallet in my front pocket.
I totally agree with that. Been doing that for a long time now. Not just because it's uncomfortable as hell and bad for your back. Deterioration is greatly reduced for one, and in the event of a potential pickpocket from behind, the predator has to face me to get it giving me a chance to look at him and enough time to rip out his larynx! Other than that, I kinda always felt bad sitting on my wife's face, LOL!

Right front hip. Peace of mind and don’t have to sit on a lump.

Auto Transport Service
Back