• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How many of you old b*st*rds remember THIS stuff?

I have Ford power steering fluid part number D2AZ- sumtin', sumtin', sumtin', AMC Limited Slip Diff oil that's in Max and the van AND for those from the Northeast, Pathmark Recycled ATF! And all the implements of penetration!

Found nine cans of the old EOS additive at a rummage sale many years ago. I also bought 75 quarts of SF rated multi grade oil at the same sale. Got a bit of 1970's dust on 'em.

The seller ran a small engine shop for many years.

I have only used one can so far as an assembly lube on a few race engines and have saved the rest for my personal cars.

Most of the oil was appropriated by my sons to use in their cars...without my knowledge I might add.

Most was at least 25 years old...some were in steel cans!

Before we discuss old oil, additives settling and such I can say no ones car blew up...no engine issues at all in their modern rides.

Anyway I am using the EOS in the 318 that has been idle for a few years. Going to lube the cam lines and rockers then fill the pan with my usual Federated ( Amalie) sent synthetic oil.

The EOS contains calcium and/magnesium and zinc.

It was our go to additive at the GM dealers I worked at in the 60's...good stuff.

View attachment 1702322

View attachment 1702323

View attachment 1702324
I DO know, NEVER put that STP crap into ANY engine, unless its going Out For Sale!

I have Ford power steering fluid part number D2AZ- sumtin', sumtin', sumtin', AMC Limited Slip Diff oil that's in Max and the van AND for those from the Northeast, Pathmark Recycled ATF! And all the implements of penetration!
Gröss... lol

I worked at ShopRite in NJ in 1971. They sold recycled motor oil. It was called Quaker City. No joke.

@Vinny I remember that stuff! I put the ATF in one of my cars and took it to a trans shop and when he drained the trans he KNEW it was garbage and gave me a really hard time about it! I also bought 7.25 x 14 retreads at Kings for $7.95! @69_A12_6BBL I used CD2. The blow by on my '64 Fury 318 was so bad the left fender was always gooey on top!

Auto Transport Service
Back