• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got Gauges mounted on cowl

wedge5

Local time
1:42 PM
Reaction score
I have the gauges mounted just have to finish running the fuel pressure line and wire the lights.

As seen while sitting in the drivers seat.

003-9.jpg

On the cowl:

006-9.jpg

I will add somemore pics on how I mounted them to the cowl.

Nice, almost like im looking at my car ! ... except i didnt wire up the lights, almost no night driving for me ...

No lights hooked up yet. That is just the flash from the camera. I may hook the gauge lights to a toggle so I can turn them off if I chose.

i have mine wired so when i turn on my headlites, they come on also at the same time.

Attachments

• 65 BLUE DODGE 003.jpg
    65 BLUE DODGE 003.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 284
  • T NT 5.7.11 LEBANON 588 DODGE 022.jpg
    T NT 5.7.11 LEBANON 588 DODGE 022.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 311
Real nice guys.. I like the idea of the toggle for the lights...

no toggle switch for me, just another thing to have to do. all your lights should come on together. much simpler and uniformed.

I like the idea of the headlight switch. I have the dash out now so this will be a good time to wire it.

Do you remember which wire I hook my gauge lights to or if I look at will I figure it out.

Does make more sense with headlight switch, i was thinking of how some who have updated there
dash lights and such to new fancy bulbs and turn them on to show how nice they look at different shows and gatherings..

I like the idea of the headlight switch. I have the dash out now so this will be a good time to wire it.

Do you remember which wire I hook my gauge lights to or if I look at will I figure it out.

just look at your wiring diagram, find the wire that feeds the dash lights....

it should be the orange wires. i went off my headlamp switch wire and tee'd into it. I made all my gauge wires white so its easy to see and remember.

I am one color blind SOB so basically all the wires look the same so colors me nothing to me. I looked at my wiring diagrahm and went with the connection that said instrument feed(E1). It says it is tan but who can tell.

If it doesn't work then I will just have to try another wire. Before you ask,I dress myself. Bluejeans with black,grey or white t-shirts.

I went from the other side of that same fuse.
Tan wire from the headlight switch(instrument feed) to the fuse box then out from the fuse box with an orange wire(instrument lights) to the instrument lights.

Should work the same right? Like I said it is hard to tell what color is what but on the switch itself it is labeled E1 so I don't have to guess. I will look at me fuse box and see if I can figure out what wire is orange.

you got it, the orange wire goes to a connector located on the steering column, behind the drivers knee bolster ....

I found my Orange wire after all. I aready have the lights wired though. If I ever need to do other dash lights then I will hook it up that way.

Auto Transport Service
Back