• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"GTX" from Fast and Furious 8

Hey guys,
I asked about the car, the movies are a total different story !
Like it or hate it - I don't care ... I'm only interested in the car because I'm building a 71 GTX and like some design elements they used for the movie car.

So can we please have the movie discussion in another thread ?

I hope I do not offend anybody ...

Not at all. I like the stripes from the hood down the side and the monochromatic color. The rollbar and seatbelts too...those wheels are American Racing I think.

Guys, come on! Those movies are for entertainment, not intended as documentaries of street racing or similar stuff.

I was going to wax eloquent but I've said my piece.
Even that real street racers TV show was kinda staged a bit, but probably closer to how it is in real life.

Yeah, i agree its a damn good looking car. I wouldent mind having it in my garage. Would have to remove the GM crate motor from it. And definitely get the one that wasnt skidded on its roof lol.

From what i understand they used car builder Steve Stropes 70 RR he named "Hammer" in one of those movies in a bit part. That one was built many years ago and graced the pages of hotrod.

Yep, Steve did the Hammer,I got to be involved with that car while it was being built and got to haul it around for Steve bringing it to the SEMA show before it went to the owner.I got to work with Steve from 96 till about 2005.Lost contact over the last 12 years.That was before he became big time.

Yeah, i agree its a damn good looking car. I wouldent mind having it in my garage. Would have to remove the GM crate motor from it. And definitely get the one that wasnt skidded on its roof lol.

From what i understand they used car builder Steve Stropes 70 RR he named "Hammer" in one of those movies in a bit part. That one was built many years ago and graced the pages of hotrod.
Yeah {IIRC} it was in a brief cameo spot Tokyo Drift 3rd or 4th movie

70 Roadrunner Pro-Touring Hammer #1 from fast & furious.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back