• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Guaranteed Not To Rust Lug Nuts

RR Fan Dan

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:51 PM
Reaction score
Is anyone using these? They are a little pricey for lug nuts but well worth it if they never rust.

IMG_0163.png
IMG_0164.png

I had them on my snowmobile trailer for years with good results. No use is harder on steel than Michigan winter roads.
Mike

Mine never rust... Been on the car for 29 years, not a speck of rust..

I just reread the price and at $14 for 4 not so bad. Cheap ones are about a $1 a piece, so for the longevity may be worth the price. Sometimes looking around might get them a little cheaper.

make sure the socket you use fits the nuts correctly, and drives off the flats instead of the corners.
doing this insures the socket does not chip the plating at the edges, giving the dreaded rust monster a place to start.
also, if you have the room for a slightly larger diameter socket to be used, those nylon socket inserts work to keep the chrome plating from getting nicks and scratches. however, if using a larger socket to use those inserts, look very closely at the outside of the socket to insure it doesn't contact the plating in any tight area of the wheel, such as around spokes or nut recesses.
:drinks:

Auto Transport Service
Back