• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Harbor freight makeshift paint booth..

Hey wait a minute..... where are the pictures of the make shift paint booth with mods?!?!
Well.. I didn't figure you'd need a picture of a tent framed carport lol. I was just passing on the idea.
IMG_20200921_210218705.jpg

Since you paint I've got a question for you. I've always been told that when painting parts separately suspend them as they would be assembled on the vehicle because it will affect the way the paint lays? Basically they're saying if I were to paint the doors laying flat (in zero gravity mode lol) when installed there would be a noticeable pattern difference in the metal flake?
What you state is what I believe to be true also and how I do all my stuff.
I never paint a door laying down on a stand.
But you are spraying a very high metallic blue it appears.
I have never been able to get away with what I call panel painting.
Say painting the fenders one day and the doors the next day.
I'm not good enough or consiant enough to spray the same way from day to day to get the metallic the same.
Diffences in air pressure,humidity,distance from gun to substrate has always killed the idea of paneling painting for me. I wish you the best. Don't hesitate to ask me anything. PM me and I'll help with anything I can.

What you state is what I believe to be true also and how I do all my stuff.
I never paint a door laying down on a stand.
But you are spraying a very high metallic blue it appears.
I have never been able to get away with what I call panel painting.
Say painting the fenders one day and the doors the next day.
I'm not good enough or consiant enough to spray the same way from day to day to get the metallic the same.
Diffences in air pressure,humidity,distance from gun to substrate has always killed the idea of paneling painting for me. I wish you the best. Don't hesitate to ask me anything. PM me and I'll help with anything I can.
I thought I could get away with it on this truck since the doors and fenders will be arranged as if it were together when they're painted then the gap between the cab and bed will give some separation... I hope. I'm doing 3 coats of base then a dusting to get the flake evened out.

I've never done it this way but wanted to try it, a truck seamed like the best candidate? The color is PBJ (Hydro blue), it's a new RAM color. I'll be adding some flat black following body lines once it's assembled, hood center and from the bottom body line down. I chose this color just because of how good it looks with black and knowing my dad isn't going to polish anything... I'm not giving him something that needs polished lol.
Screenshot_20200724-170435.png

I thought I could get away with it on this truck since the doors and fenders will be arranged as if it were together when they're painted then the gap between the cab and bed will give some separation... I hope. I'm doing 3 coats of base then a dusting to get the flake evened out.

I've never done it this way but wanted to try it, a truck seamed like the best candidate? The color is PBJ (Hydro blue), it's a new RAM color. I'll be adding some flat black following body lines once it's assembled, hood center and from the bottom body line down. I chose this color just because of how good it looks with black and knowing my dad isn't going to polish anything... I'm not giving him something that needs polished lol.View attachment 1005833
I was wondering what color it was. It is going to be very nice on the truck..

Auto Transport Service
Back