• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

head casting and rocker arm stamps

RRSweden

Local time
7:39 AM
Reaction score
Hi.
Just got a set of heads and I noticed that I don't know what the big letter (casted in the same slot as the number on the bottom side of the head) means. On this set I got the letter L on both heads, and on my old 906 heads I have one R and one M.

The rocker arms on the new heads has stampings. TG5+, TG4+ and TG3+.
What does that mean? My old rockers has no stampings.

I'll take a stab at it, but like you, only a guess without some research.
The letter marking could designate the 'month' of the casting itself. Chrysler was big time on keeping track of that stuff.

The markings on the rocker arms...good question! My 69 model 440 rocker arms had markings, too, but not like yours. (Mine were just one number, I think)
Easily nothing to worry about, unless you want to make up a like set, matching numbers.
Sorry, not much help.

PC090796.JPG
Here's the mysterious stampings... Probably nothing to worry about, but it got me curious, cause they were'nt the same on left/right train...

Yup, see what you mean. Think mine were T3.
At the very least, you can figure they are mostly out of the same production run. I tried to find info on it, but no luck.
I'd run 'em for sure...figuring at least their not stamped made in china!

Most of my rocker arms have TH8+, some TH9+ and some TH10+. I assume these are different dates they were made but we all know what assuming can do. I would like to know what if anything these numbers mean. Thanks for any info on this

Auto Transport Service
Back