• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hello from KC

PhilKC

Local time
4:44 PM
Reaction score
Hello from KC. I have a 67 Dodge Coronet convertible that I saved from certain scrapping. When I bought it in the late '90's, my car was about 6 shades of badly painted white with probably 10 gallons of bondo and a tired 383. Someone along the way added front disc brakes and the 727 and the 8 3/4 rear end were still strong. After driving it for a few months and nearly getting out run by a sweet 68 Coronet with a 318, I got to work and, bought a strong 440 from a racer. With the generous help from friends, we rebuilt the top end for the street. Everything else was gone through and freshened up. While the engine was out, the body, trunk and engine compartment were completely stripped, the rust removed, the sheet metal restored and then everything was repainted the original color, dark blue metallic. I drove it for a while but then it sat in my garage for 7 or 8 years. A few months ago, I pulled it out, dusted it off and got it back on the road. With a fresh tune up and again, the help of a few friends, it's running better than ever. It still needs a few things at this point...a new top, a few performance tweaks (I'm nearly done collecting parts), some interior work but I'm enjoying driving it as much as I can. 20151211_144236a-L03a-web.jpgIMG_8407c.jpg20160216_155903a-meme.jpg

Welcome to FBBO from SoCal Phil. That's a great looking Coronet. Love the color. Bet it's fun to drive with the top down.

Welcome to FBBO from NorCal

nice 67 Coronet Vert.

Thanks everyone! :headbang:

GetX'd - Having a convertible is awful. People are constantly staring and giving thumbs up which I interpret as "hey, cool car but maybe next time you'll be able to afford one with an actual metal top". I'm sure their smiles are out of pity. If I ride in it too much with the top down, I risk sunburn. Plus, I always hear the exhaust tone and when I go under bridges and rev the engine, it's loud. Yeah, it's horrible. :icon_cry:
As a service to my fellow Mopar owners, I'd be happy to take any A or B body convertibles off your hands so you can rid yourselves of these annoying cars. I won't even charge you for this service :usa2:

Phil, that is a very generous offers to take those annoying verts off the hands of FBBO members that got talked into buying those horrid things. I am sure you will be flooded with requests.....You must have an ex-wife with pictures of you and farm animals that is forcing you to be humiliated for life by driving that car?

A nice entrance to FBBO Phil....welcome aboard and like was said above, that is a very cool car you have there. :hello2:

Welcome from MI. Sweet ride you've got. Sorry to hear about the sunburn issue. If you want to ship it up here to MI, I'd be happy to save you from the risky sun. Thanks for joining.

Cool car. I work in KC just about every day and will be watching for your ride this summer.

Auto Transport Service
Back