• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hello From NZ

70 Hurst 300 you say, I love those things a pic or two would be nice.
I like the way you did your headlight upgrade hiding the relays under the battery, very smooth.

70 Hurst 300 you say, I love those things a pic or two would be nice.
I like the way you did your headlight upgrade hiding the relays under the battery, very smooth.

Here's a little teaser shot for you....until we get the car out for some more detailed pics....

27c9d794.jpg

Taken January last year at MowPar's Ranch where he hosted a small car show on his front acreage :)
Hopefully we get treated to another show coming soon - maybe Feb 2014 depending on the Haymaking season :headbang:

Thank you all for the welcome! Sorry for the belated response but I have been driving the Case Inter around in ever decreasing circles getting some grass ready to bale and haven't had to much computer time but in amongst that as you can see [excuse the pun] I have fitted some decent head lights thanks to kiwigtx's conversion. It is more important down under as we have some requirements to meet importing a left hand drive vehicle into New Zealand and one of them is we have to swap out the head lights for some right hand drive versions as the reflectors in the lenses angle in the opposite direction so I installed some nice Hella semi sealed beams with Hella H4 bulbs so an upgrade to a dedicated head light relay was very important, so thanks there Rogie I appreciate your help on that score and can recommend the fitment of a good relay system to any classic car follower where ever you live. O and buy the way 440+6 your description of a Kiwi bird and the intermingling of a kiwi fruit was very cool but I almost thought when I saw the razor perhaps you were confusing a Kiwi with a Brazilian!

That's nice. I have always liked luxury muscle cars and the 70 Hurst 300 and the 70 sport fury GT (440+6) are among my favorites.
Thanks for posting kiwigtx, I'm thinking Mowpar is an ok guy.

That's nice. I have always liked luxury muscle cars and the 70 Hurst 300 and the 70 sport fury GT (440+6) are among my favorites.
Thanks for posting kiwigtx, I'm thinking Mowpar is an ok guy.

Oh yeah, he's an OK guy alright. He is my go-to guy when it comes to all things mechanical. I would be lost with his his assistance on all my vehicles. Thanks.

Welcome from Oklahoma. Those cars you have sure look nice. I like your user name. Thanks for the photos, too.

Hi 440+6 I'm glad you like the 300 Hurst, Iv'e only ever seen a 70 Sport Fury GT in an old car add, I'm guessing there can't be to many of those around. If you like Google New Zealand Classic Car Magazine issue 252 and type in Mopar Heaven and you will see all, don't take to much notice of the ugly mug and as kiwigtx pointed out I would be the only person he knows of that would wear a Harley T to a Mopar shoot,but I think it was a good mix and anyhow at least it is American! Maybe it was the cleanest shirt I had. Hope you enjoy the read regards Cliff

Hi 440+6 I'm glad you like the 300 Hurst, Iv'e only ever seen a 70 Sport Fury GT in an old car add, I'm guessing there can't be to many of those around. If you like Google New Zealand Classic Car Magazine issue 252 and type in Mopar Heaven and you will see all, don't take to much notice of the ugly mug and as kiwigtx pointed out I would be the only person he knows of that would wear a Harley T to a Mopar shoot,but I think it was a good mix and anyhow at least it is American! Maybe it was the cleanest shirt I had. Hope you enjoy the read regards Cliff

Thanks Cliff, quite a story on the Hurst car, I enjoyed the read. It's not only beautiful but seems to be very well documented. Anyway I'm glad it's in capable hands (I'll reserve any comments about the dude with the HD shirt at this time) Frankie.

Almost forgot, that drop top Belv is quite the car also.

BTW what's a Brazilian, are we talking bird or fruit, you mentioned the razor so i'm thinking it could go either way.

Here is a direct link to the 300H article in case anyone is interested, not a b body but awesome Mopar history.
http://www.classiccar.co.nz/articles/1970-chrysler-300-hurst-mopar-heaven-252

Oh no I seemed to have dug a hole for myself [could be another pun in there] so I'm going to have long time B body forum follower kiwigtx explain what a Brazilian is as he has a great way with words! Also I'm going to suggest kiwigtx post some links to New Zealand V8 magazine where there is a story or two that may interest the Mopar faithful.[sorry about that Rogie]

Oh no I seemed to have dug a hole for myself [could be another pun in there] so I'm going to have long time B body forum follower kiwigtx explain what a Brazilian is as he has a great way with words! Also I'm going to suggest kiwigtx post some links to New Zealand V8 magazine where there is a story or two that may interest the Mopar faithful.[sorry about that Rogie]

OK we all know what a Brazilian is, I just wanted to see how you where going to go about explaining it to us all.

Links to articles would be nice, I have always been impressed how people in far away lands have become so interested in our cars especially with all the headaches that come with them such as duties, converting things to make them legal, finding parts, prices of gasoline to drive them, ect.
Best

OK we all know what a Brazilian is, I just wanted to see how you where going to go about explaining it to us all.

Links to articles would be nice, I have always been impressed how people in far away lands have become so interested in our cars especially with all the headaches that come with them such as duties, converting things to make them legal, finding parts, prices of gasoline to drive them, ect.
Best

Phew....so glad I don't have to come up with an explanation on that one :grin:

Try these links out of my two vehicles...

1968 Dodge A100 pickup
http://www.v8.co.nz/articles/mopar-...th/1968-dodge-a100-pick-up-accidental-hero-61

1970 Plymouth GTX
http://www.v8.co.nz/articles/meticulously-mopar-1970-plymouth-gtx-440-6-19

my buddy's 68 Dodge Charger
http://www.nzmoparregistry.com/default.aspx?page=1202

- - - Updated - - -

I just found this set of pics from a very recent national Newspaper....

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/motoring/news/image.cfm?c_id=9&gal_cid=9&gallery_id=139551#13353230

Welcome Kiwi!!!
Enjoy the site

Mike

Off topic, but partied with a bunch of you in Germany in my younger days, lot of fun

Auto Transport Service
Back