• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help decoding my 1969 Super Bee data plate thanks for all your help):

FASTEDDIE1960

Local time
6:34 PM
Reaction score
can someone please help me decode my data plate on my 1969 Super Bee? tried searching a few sites with not much luck..
Thanks much.

Last edited:
Not sure on some of those but I do believe from what I can tell, is its a ww1 white 383 4bbl car with the N96 ramcharger hood option with a 26 inch radiator.

Built December 13, 1968, so might not have front seat headrests, which became mandatory January 1, 1969. Red bench seat interior, with Red tail stripe.

can someone please help me decode my data plate on my 1969 Super Bee? tried searching a few sites with not much luck..
Thanks much.

View attachment 1739426
Lynch Rd car... Tags are a little different... Not much info on them compared to other plants..
69 Super Bee 383 4spd 3.91 SG Axle
December 13 SPD
White body & roof
Red Bucket Seat interior
Fresh Air Hood
quarter panel scoops
Red Bee Stripe

A bit suspect with no inspectors stamp in the corner...
I've seen quite a few Lynch Rd tags without inspectors stamps... I'm not a numbers guru but I've looked at a few tags....

Lynch Rd car... Tags are a little different... Not much info on them compared to other plants..
December 13 SPD
White body & roof
Red Bucket Seat interior
Fresh Air Hood
quar

December 13 SPD
White body & roof
Red Bucket Seat interior
Fresh Air Hood
quarter panel scoops
Red Bee Stripe
thanks, that is kinda what i came up with as well

Last edited:
A bit suspect with no inspectors stamp in the corner...
Also no witness marks from it being screwed down? Hopefully it is a legit tag, determining that is way above my pay grade however.

Last edited:
The first thought I had when looking at the picture of the tag was "reproduction". Wasn't going to say anything as I'm not well versed on 69 tags.

The first thought I had when looking at the picture of the tag was "reproduction". Wasn't going to say anything as I'm not well versed on 69 tags.
It's not so much that it's a 69 tag as that it's a Lynch Rd tag.... And I agree it looks to good to have actually been on a car... But I've personally owned two cars with tags in similar condition.... The cars both had avoided moisture and who ever screwed them down had a gentle touch with the screwdriver... The fact it's a Lynch Rd tag makes faking the codes easier yet harder at the same time....The fact they are correct when many don't know what is correct on a Lynch Rd tag is what makes me think it's legit... Oh, unlike St Louis, Hamtramck & LA the tag wasn't screwed to the car during paint, it was hung on a wire inside the car so it it rarely got more than a mist of paint.. So the corner didn't get bent.....

3.91 gears/axle package would give it Hemi suspension and 26" radiator with shroud and clutch fan. The ' 69 SuperBee that I bought new had this.

925: 383 four barrel, manual trans, heater, 335 hp, orange.
643: 3.91 suregrip 8 3/4, 11"drums f&r, A31 axle package.
603: 833 four speed for 383 engine
The tag looks awfully good for 55 years old. I'm NOT saying it's a repo, but if it is, it is very well done. Numbers and format look correct.

Last edited:
Is M6R bench seat or buckets? I kinda thought buckets might be P4R.

Is M6R bench seat or buckets? I kinda thought buckets might be P4R.
I am NOT sure, but the info I have says M2? for low line bench, which would not be in a Bee Hdtp, H6? for upscale bench, and M6? for buckets.
But my info is for RR, Bee info may be different.

I would also be most curious to hear from the OP how this tag came to be in such meticulously good condition??

Auto Transport Service
Back