• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help decoding my 1969 Super Bee data plate thanks for all your help):

The fact it's a Lynch Rd tag makes faking the codes easier yet harder at the same time....The fact they are correct when many don't know what is correct on a Lynch Rd tag is what makes me think it's legit...
The fact that not many people can read a Lynch Road tag easily combined with lack of proof via a BS, and the "the lost documentation at the Factory" makes faking a tag that much easier.

Even our resident experts have to dig deep into their resources to provide good enough evidence to show a fake from a real tag.

Calling @69Coronetrt :)

The fact that not many people can read a Lynch Road tag easily combined with lack of proof via a BS, and the "the lost documentation at the Factory" makes faking a tag that much easier.

Even our resident experts have to dig deep into their resources to provide good enough evidence to show a fake from a real tag.

thanks

Last edited:
925: 383 four barrel, manual trans, heater, 335 hp, orange.
643: 3.91 suregrip 8 3/4, 11"drums f&r, A31 axle package.
603: 833 four speed for 383 engine
The tag looks awfully good for 55 years old. I'm NOT saying it's a repo, but if it is, it is very well done. Numbers and format look correct.
thanks very much that is a big help,

Last edited:
thanks very much that is a big help, can i ask where you were able to find these codes, so hard to get correct Lynch Rd codes on the sites i have looked at. also any idea on the line 6 numbers? thanks very much for all your help
Wes Eisenschenk's 1969 road runner book. I have a A12 road runner, and Wes's book is the best $30 I ever spent on it. Wes is a member here, but I don't recall his pseudonym.
Top row, in order left to right..... five digit code, first two are assy gate, next three are the number of cars thru that gate that day, first digit is always a 1.
Six digit is line sequence number. Eight digit is the last eight digits of your vin. 9 for 69, A for Lynch road, next six vin i.d.
Your vin is WM23H9A192422
And R6 is the paint code for the upper inside door paint, above the vinyl door panel.

Last edited:

This one is easy....bad tag. Codes are in the wrong place. The stripe code is where the vinyl top is coded. M46 doesn't go where it's coded.

The tag below shows the correct placement of the (V)8* stripe on a Lynch Road tag.

69_WM21_E63_D21_R6_222412_LR.jpg

Last edited:
Wes Eisenschenk's 1969 road runner book. I have a A12 road runner, and Wes's book is the best $30 I ever spent on it. Wes is a member here, but I don't recall his pseudonym.
Top row, in order left to right..... five digit code, first two are assy gate, next three are the number of cars thru that gate that day, first digit is always a 1.
Six digit is line sequence number. Eight digit is the last eight digits of your vin. 9 for 69, A for Lynch road, next six vin i.d.
Your vin is WM23H9A192422
And R6 is the paint code for the upper inside door paint, above the vinyl door panel.
wow, such a wealth of info on this site..again many thanks

... five digit code, first two are assy gate, next three are the number of cars thru that gate that day, first digit is always a 1.

The gate and base numbers are related to the assembly of the body in white, but research doesn't support the often reported 'cars through that gate that day'.

I'm confused, post #1 you said it was your 69 super bee. Post #24 your busy getting it running correctly, and post 33 you haven't bought the car?

thanks, i was in the process of buying this car but now i guess i am out. if the data plate is phony who knows what else is? it does have the original (i think) Vin tag and matching rad stampings but now i have no trust in the guy selling it so i am out. thanks for all the help before i made a mistake on this one.

And...there we go.

This is WHY you do not have bad tags made for a car. It ruined a sale due to the buyer being informed and having questions as to the legitimacy of the car.

It would be better to have NO tag for this car than a bad one.

WTG guys on spotting all the errors and saving the op from owning a frankenmopar.

I see the tag was deleted from post 1 but it should be put back up for future reference on what a bad tag looks like.

can someone please help me decode my data plate on my 1969 Super Bee? tried searching a few sites with not much luck..
Thanks much.
Data plate? Leave that to the brand X guys. Haha. Try Fender Tag as a search, then you will get plenty of information.

Auto Transport Service
Back