• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

help needed for 1973 AC ductwork

yalpngulp

Local time
9:13 PM
Reaction score
Im trying to put together my dash vent system. I'm obviously missing parts of ductwork. Is there a diagram showing what parts of the ductwork is needed to complete the venting? Or could someone provide me with pics of the parts needed?

Hi, i’ve attached two pictures from my 73 body service manual so that you can see the ductwork that is in the dash for a 73 coronet and charger. The heater box evaporator cooler box is the same for E bodies as well as b body.

I have also attached a picture of the cover of my chassis service manual that I bought over 12 years ago, it has been the best tool to have in my toolbox. I acquired it off of eBay for $75. This book answers so many questions and gives illustrations to help you throughout any of your restoration of a 73 charger

Good luck
Azmoparboy

B19D56D7-E2EA-4817-860B-47E45874FE04.jpeg 0D516007-07C7-40EA-B949-B60AF9D948F5.jpeg C1BC088C-D76B-43E3-8525-42636E8A691E.jpeg

Thanks. That diagram is actually pretty helpful. I'm guessing there is an intermediate piece between the heater box and the Center and passenger vent as they do not line up nor does the size match.

Yes, for both the e and the b body, that piece is different. If you are looking for that exact piece, I’d try looking on eBay or one of the other Mopar websites that have a for saleI

just looked on eBay and someone has all three pieces for a vey reasonable price.

Last edited:
Can you tell me what your search criteria was? I found 1 piece i need but not the piece that attaches to the heater box

It’s under eBay motors section, parts and Accessories, then I taped in 1973 charger AC ducts. Just checked, they are still there

I now have all of these pieces, as I ordered the last piece last night on eBay, but it appears as though there is something missing where it connects to the heater box.

There is a square plastic piece with floor vents that screws to the box and then the center duct clips to.

There is a square plastic piece with floor vents that screws to the box and then the center duct clips to.

that makes a lot of sense. any idea what I would look up to find that piece?

Last edited:
Hi, i’ve attached two pictures from my 73 body service manual so that you can see the ductwork that is in the dash for a 73 coronet and charger. The heater box evaporator cooler box is the same for E bodies as well as b body.

I have also attached a picture of the cover of my chassis service manual that I bought over 12 years ago, it has been the best tool to have in my toolbox. I acquired it off of eBay for $75. This book answers so many questions and gives illustrations to help you throughout any of your restoration of a 73 charger

Good luck
Azmoparboy

View attachment 940192 View attachment 940193 View attachment 940194
By the way, you can download a PDF version of both body and chassis manual from MyMopar.com

http://www.mymopar.com/index.php?pid=109

I got it all straightened out thank you for the help guys

Auto Transport Service
Back