• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hi everyone!

Les Schwab is a tire center here in Oregon. Pretty big here in Oregon. They do tires, brakes, shocks, etc. Our local Les Schwab does small mechanic stuff. I use them alot because I can only do so much. (for a girl) LOL! Pretty good place. Been very happy with them. I dont know who changed the wheelwells. Got it like that. There are pretty big tires on the back so that is probably why. I did just get done changing the plugs and plug wires, lube, oil and filter change.

I'm glad you clarified this, ..............I have been wondering, "Who the Hell is Les Schwab ?" :edgy:

Yeah. I figured he hadn't ever heard of me either.

I mean no disrespect to Mr. Schwab, but there are some of us here who have been living/sleeping/breathing/BLEEDING MOPARS for 30-40+ YEARS, and know what should, and shouldn't, be done with these cars.

Yeah. I figured he hadn't ever heard of me either.

I mean no disrespect to Mr. Schwab, but there are some of us here who have been living/sleeping/breathing/BLEEDING MOPARS for 30-40+ YEARS, and know what should, and shouldn't, be done with these cars.

being in the auto parts biz i have had run ins whit the company a few times... they were a pian in my butt!

I love our Les Schwab. Been nothing but professional. Can't say enough nice things about them.

It is a superbee tribute. They didnt make superbee's in 66. But we love it.

I do not want to sound like a perv,But could you post a pic of whats under your hood.(of the car)

Welcome.

69 Runner is right air the air shocks. I wouldn't trust a tire store who does general repair,since they know very little about Mopars.

Go to Espo springs and things or Firm Feel and order a new set of Leaf springs you will feel a big improvement over how the car handles compared to air shocks. It's cheaper than ripping out the shock mounts and having them repaired again since you stated that they have been welded.

Don't let being a female stop you from learning about your car or working on it.My wife hasn't he helps me all the time.

Les Schwab is great for customer service, but I wouldn't trust them for much mechanical work. I had them change the front shocks on my 99 Durango a few years ago, since I was busy, and really, how much could they mess up? I found out about a week later when the bolt broke off the lower mount on one of my shocks. Seems it was a tad overtightened. Other than my 1/4 mile long gravel driveway, my Durango almost never leaves the pavement, so it wasn't from 4X4 abuse. It is basically my 7 passenger minivan that can still pull my car trailer.

The kid at Les Schwab got to spend an additional 3 hours removing the broken bolt and finding a new one to fit. At least they didn't try to charge me for fixing their mistake.

Welcome to the fun house! And yeah, we have Les Schwabs out here.....or is that more Schwabs? Boooo-hisss!

I can't agree more about ditching the air shocks but if you're going to run them you should have no less than 20 PSI. If you drive the car without air in the shocks the bladder will eventually tear.

Very smart by testing the no air ride height but I have to wonder why you need them since your car isn't dependent on them.

I do plan on changing the air shocks when I get the money. Have a sick dog and a daughter that needs braces. Family comes first. :). Unless someone wants to donate?

Auto Transport Service
Back