• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

hood interchange for 66 satellite?

340 Jimmy

Local time
4:34 AM
Reaction score
Hey there folks, I am looking for an additional hood for my 66 satellite so I can put dual scoups on it but still want to have the original hood for it when I want it to be stock, can anyone tell me what other models/years will fit a 66 satellite?

thanks in advance for any info.

Hey there folks, I am looking for an additional hood for my 66 satellite so I can put dual scoups on it but still want to have the original hood for it when I want it to be stock, can anyone tell me what other models/years will fit a 66 satellite?

Jimmy I was wondering if you had any trim for the front fenders on a 66 satellite?

try Wildcat autorecycler in oregon, they sold me the rear just a few months ago, they had a yellow one and at that time it had all the trim, best of luck.

You can use a 66 or 67 the only differance is the pin location for the letters on the front. I dont know where you live but I have 2 that I would sell.

Last edited:

For `66 they would be: Belvedere I (2 door or 4 door), Belvedere II, Belvedere or Satelite station wagon...
For `67 ad the GTX to the above list

All the above should fit.

Note: you may save a bit of money if you find someone selling a 4 door, Belvedere I or station wagon hood...thinking it's not worth as much as a Satelite or GTX hood. Whenever I was shopping junk yards for my `70 Duster 340, I was always looking for 'Valiant' parts...they were interchangable and much cheaper.

How much $$$ for the hood if "340 Jimmy" doesn't take it?

if you and 1966satellite don't come to an agreement, I will have a 67 satellite hood for sale in a few weeks, once I get the car from florida.

The GTX hood would have the holes in it for mounting the scoops, right? That would be the only reason I could think it would be more valuable....

The GTX hood would have the holes in it for mounting the scoops, right? That would be the only reason I could think it would be more valuable....

Makes sense to me.

I can use a spare hood for a 66 but I'm way over here so not to convenient. Shipping a hood might cost what it's worth or more.

Hey Guys, I am up in Canada so the shipping is probably far more than the hood, thanks for the info but I think I will just have to scrounge the wreckers and contact folks that might have a parts car that will fit the bill.

I have a similar question....what hoods will fit on 67' coronet 500?

Auto Transport Service
Back